Wolverhampton city centre tips to close as 'super dump' created
The cash-strapped authority also wants to bring in bin collection fees for the first time in its history, charging residents £35 a year for green garden waste bins.
Standard bin collections could move from weekly to fortnightly under the plans, which are set to be officially unveiled as part of the 2017/18 budget proposals next week.
It comes as the council continues to battle budget cuts that have seen £154 million wiped of its finances in the last six years, with more than £50m of additional cuts needed by 2020.
The Express & Star has been told that council bosses are considering... read more
- 11:35 How you can apply for 30 hours of free childcare from today
- 11:34 Gentoo and Sunderland College sign deal to build firm foundations
- 11:34 Bloody bare-knuckle boxing packs out Coventry Skydome
- 11:34 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:34 'Heartbroken' Little Boy Blue viewers left seething at 'injustice'...
- 11:34 Crowds enjoy flower displays at Ulverston open gardens event
- 11:34 Cumbrian businesses welcome government's industrial strategy proposals
- 11:33 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:33 Mind Over Marathon: Documentary on people living with mental health...
- 11:33 Skegness lifeboat rescues man who fell out of kayak
- 11:33 40 weird and wonderful uses for Halen Môn's lesser known products
- 11:32 Kyle Edmund out of Barcelona Open as Dominic Thiem shows...
- 11:32 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread sees growth slowdown as rising...
- 11:32 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:32 Wealth management giant St James's Place reports bumper set of...
- 11:32 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:32 Police name Cropthorne Avenue murder victim
- 11:31 Sporting stars from the world of football and boxing coming to...
- 11:31 Recruitment under way for new restaurant opening at Rushden Lakes
- 11:31 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:31 Driver 'tested positive for cocaine' in Scarborough
- 11:31 Gridlock issues around Derbyshire bus station
- 11:31 How cycling to work could halve the chance of cancer and heart disease
- 11:30 Blackburn United promoted to Premier League after victory over West...
- 11:30 Ex-Czech defender Rajtoral found dead
- 11:30 Athletics: Sotherton wins medal for Beijing
- 11:30 Becks praises PFA winners N’Golo Kante and Dele Alli
- 11:30 Man jailed for nine years for imitation firearm threats and burglary
- 11:30 Natalie McGarry confirms she will quit as MP at General Election
- 11:29 Education day is set to focus on history of Heugh Battery Museum