Wirral NHS chiefs vote to stop spending cash on homeopathy
Wirral NHS chiefs have voted to stop spending taxpayers’ cash on controversial homeopathy services.
It comes after a survey showed 95% of the Wirral public were in favour of the service being axed.
Wirral’s NHS spends £16,500 to treat around 50 patients a year using homeopathy and a mistletoe extract known as Iscador.
The decision to axe the service comes after NHS bosses in Liverpool made a similar cut in June.
Read More Liverpool NHS set to axe £30k funding for controversial homeopathy treatment
This means there is now nowhere else in England where the NHS still pays for homeopathy, apart... read more
- 09:42 Rapper targeted in arson attacks over 'disrespectful' songs and...
- 09:42 Two arrested after knife attack at Carlisle takeaway
- 09:41 Drink-drive offender was spotted driving through a red light
- 09:40 Seth Rollins brings back the Curbstomp, Chris Jericho to return:...
- 09:40 Court listings 16/01/18
- 09:40 UK inflation rate falls slightly
- 09:40 New Notts partnership saves fraud victims £.25m
- 09:39 Watch what Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez could bring to Manchester...
- 09:38 We pay for the FENCE! May fires back at Macron over claims UK...
- 09:38 Documentary to turn spotlight on ‘mate crime’
- 09:38 Thug threatened to bite and spit at police while claiming he was...
- 09:37 Top Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic shot dead
- 09:37 Thief disturbed during burglary at Wellingborough house
- 09:37 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday January 16 2018
- 09:36 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:36 PTSG’s results are set to be in line with board’s expectations
- 09:36 F1 logo could land authorities in LEGAL battle over copyright issue
- 09:36 Fresh Alexis Sanchez twist: Chelsea accept Man Utd will complete deal
- 09:36 NHS will actually get more than £350,000,000 a week after Brexit,...
- 09:35 Ancient buried village discovered in Derby field
- 09:35 Manchester United stars Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Romelu Lukaku...
- 09:35 OPINION: Most fans trust Gary Rowett so much he could sign the...
- 09:35 Hundreds turn out to remember former JMU student and six-month old...
- 09:35 VIDEO: Maryport Junior School celebrates Ofsted success
- 09:34 REVEALED: How these Northampton food shops ended 2017 with a "zero"...
- 09:34 New Notts partnership saves fraud victims £.25m
- 09:34 Andrew Jones MP: "I was pleased to accept" new role in government
- 09:33 Nelson nursery embraces outdoor learning in Nurtured in Nature...
- 09:33 Hurry up - there will be 200 MILLION more tourists here soon! The...
- 09:32 St Johnstone closing in on January signings (and a French trialist...