Wirral council unanimously backs Total Eclipse of the S*n
Wirral council has unanimously backed the Total Eclipse of the S*n Campaign.
The moves comes after both Liverpool City Council and Merseytravel both voted to back the bid to stop the paper, reviled on Merseyside, from being sold in the area.
Cllr Ron Abbey, who forwarded the motion, gave a passionate speech to fellow councillors, beginning by reading the names of the 12 people from Wirral who lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster on April 15, 1989.
Read More Everton midfielder Ross Barkley backs Total Eclipse of the S*n campaign
Cllr Abbey refused to even mention the name of the... read more
- 00:53 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:46 Cryogenic storage offers hope for renewable energy
- 00:40 Andrew Lloyd Webber backs amateur performances of School Of Rock
- 00:40 Michael Gove tells Fern Britton of regrets over his Tory...
- 00:40 1D star Louis Tomlinson to honour mother on X Factor
- 00:40 Donald Trump discusses links with Scotland in phone call to...
- 00:40 Corbyn issues pledge on legal support for domestic abuse victims
- 00:40 Boris Johnson charms Gulf leaders days after Saudi Arabia 'proxy...
- 00:39 Catholic conflict of interest for FA's sex-abuse QC led to switch
- 00:39 Tourism boost for Lake District as hoteliers record busy period
- 00:39 In Sky deal, Murdochs shield Fox from sagging U.S. ad market
- 00:35 Walter Mazzarri: Watford aren't a dirty side despite discipline issues
- 00:33 Middlesbrough star Fabio cried after hearing the news of the...
- 00:33 Chapecoense appoint Vagner Mancini as new coach as club begins to...
- 00:33 Neymar shares picture of signed Odell Beckham shirt on Instagram...
- 00:30 Boris Johnson: 'Profound concern' for people of Yemen
- 00:27 Conor McGregor takes a 'private jet' to get Texas fried chicken...
- 00:19 Martin Keown's Big Match Analysis: Henrikh Mkhitaryan can do damage...
- 00:18 Climate change WAS to blame for the deadly 2016 avalanche that...
- 00:18 Don't call it jet black! Samsung reveals 'black pearl' version of...
- 00:18 The mysterious meteorites that could prove Jupiter DID have a...
- 00:17 Lincolnshire’s new police chief is ready to fit the Bill
- 00:14 Sean Dyche says Eddie Howe's lucky to have an owner that splashes...
- 00:13 Rising savings ratio looks a good bet
- 00:13 Gig review: Red Hot Chili Peppers/Babymetal
- 00:13 Gig review: Honeyblood
- 00:13 Music review: Scottish Chamber Orchestra/Kristian Bezuidenhout
- 00:13 Theatre reviews: Scrooge/The Princess and the Pie
- 00:13 Gig review: The Chemical Brothers
- 00:13 Galleries consider public appeal to secure The Monarch of the Glen