Winter Wonderland on its way
Wigan town centre is set for a seasonal boost this year with a Winter Wonderland style market visiting for the first time.
Council bosses hope the rows of log cabins with all the usual trappings of Christmas will help the town rival Liverpool and Manchester’s festive offerings.
The markets are the perfect place for people to get in the mood for the holiday season. Coun David Molyneux The traditional treat will be along Standishgate for 25 days from late November through December.
Coun David Molyneux, Wigan Council’s cabinet member for regeneration, said: “We are very excited to be bringing... read more
- 10:03 A-star award for Rachel’s art class at Belton
- 10:02 Doncaster author will be guest of honour at village primary school
- 10:02 New era at top Carlisle bar after ownership changes hands
- 10:02 Tragic Leeds teen’s dad had raised concerns about road safety
- 10:02 YEP Says: More arts money for Leeds is such welcome news
- 10:02 Iran says will act on U.S. court ruling on Trump's travel ban
- 10:01 Boy bullied so bad that when he was sick he ate it out of fear
- 10:00 Heather Watson wants you to know that no one looks hot doing sports...
- 10:00 6 ways you can get over a cheating ex
- 10:00 German G20 police sent home for partying in Hamburg barracks
- 09:59 Candidates set to stand in Whissendine and Ketton by-elections...
- 09:59 Oil stocks, Hargreaves Lansdown drag FTSE 100 to two-week low
- 09:59 Police Scotland launch campaign to tackle violence
- 09:59 Katy Perry opens up about her mental health and reveals what...
- 09:59 Halle Berry deems her 2002 Oscar win ‘worthless’ following lack of...
- 09:58 Families of Hillsborough victims to learn if anyone will face charges
- 09:58 Cadbury owner Mondelez hit by Petya ransomware cyberattack
- 09:58 Johnny Galecki: Big Bang Theory star's house burns down
- 09:57 Inspired pupil scoops top Burnley College award
- 09:57 Three Lincolnshire men jailed over shooting at house occupied by...
- 09:57 ‘He hit the off switch’ MMA fighter shuts rival down instantly with...
- 09:57 Families wait for CPS’s decision on Hillsborough charges
- 09:57 Torino boss Sinisa Mihajlovic targets Chelsea ace Nathaniel Chalobah
- 09:57 Yields key to production levels as potato acreage rises
- 09:56 Tech stocks sour, sending European shares to two-month low
- 09:55 Appeal for donations to help the homeless in Corby
- 09:55 Police name victim of A605 crash
- 09:55 Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder reckons John Brayford could...
- 09:54 Holiday nightmare as Edinburgh airport is plunged into darkness...
- 09:54 End of an era for airfield clubs and businesses