Winter Wonderland: CS Lewis Square opens in east Belfast
A new public space named after one of Belfast's most famous writers, CS Lewis, has been officially opened.
The square has been built at the intersection of the Connswater and Comber Greenways.
The opening on Tuesday evening marked the anniversary of the author's death in 1963.
Seven permanent sculptures based on characters from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe were unveiled.
Three hundred trees have been planted around the square, and there are also new railway tracks, arches, paths and art.
It can hold up to 2000 people during public events.
Tuesday night's opening had dancers and... read more
- 06:46 Scots middle earners face an ‘unknown tax future’
- 06:46 Divorcees face losing out on thousands in retirement income
- 06:44 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho told to ‘quit the bulls**t’ and LEAVE...
- 06:44 Nathan Berrie: In this Year of Young People let’s them into the...
- 06:44 Dr Peter Wilkie: Botanic Garden fighting to save the rainforest...
- 06:43 Brooke Shields recalls ‘pure moment’ with Paris Jackson as they...
- 06:43 Lorry driver ‘was double the limit and other was on his phone’ in...
- 06:43 Police fake rich family’s murders to catch son who thought he’d...
- 06:42 Fife production company aims to help small businesses build their...
- 06:42 Dundee turbine firm ATL targets ambitious growth
- 06:42 Daventry school appoints new headteacher
- 06:42 Perth programme aims to inspire entrepreneurs
- 06:42 Powerful start for floating wind turbine farm
- 06:42 Oldest cave paintings created by Neanderthals
- 06:42 TIGA unveils vision to rapidly grow games sector
- 06:42 Mum to tackle charity cycle after cancer fight
- 06:42 Tayside food and drink firms debate automation at Dundee Business...
- 06:42 Do you fancy a date with Audrey?
- 06:42 Duchess launches Northumberland village hall appeal
- 06:41 FIFA 18 Upgrades REVEAL: Ratings Refresh release confirmed for TODAY
- 06:41 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:40 Cumbrian family's desperate search for care after elderly man sent...
- 06:40 New chief executive appointed for The Cumberland
- 06:40 Maryport Blues Festival to be scaled back amid financial shortfall
- 06:39 The big bang on Yorkshire’s farms is the biggest revolution since...
- 06:38 Guest column: Superfast broadband for everyone
- 06:35 Liverpool news: Anfield hero makes sensational Real Madrid and...
- 06:33 Criminals steal cars in Kineton
- 06:32 Friday’s best TV: Gogglebox; An Island Parish; Old Grey Whistle...
- 06:32 Treble chasing All Stars reach final