Wiltshire police chief hits back over Halliwell case criticism
A police boss has defended his force after it took "unfair criticism" over an inquiry into a woman's murder.
Wiltshire Chief Constable Mike Veale said he wanted "to put the record straight" on the case of Christopher Halliwell who was given a rare whole life sentence for killing Becky Godden.
Mr Veale said the criticism was based on "misunderstanding, misleading information and factual inaccuracies".
In his latest blog, Mr Veale "thought long and hard" before he responded.
Halliwell, a former taxi driver, from Swindon, was already serving a prison... read more
- 00:20 Arsenal & Chelsea on alert with Iker Casillas eyeing London team:...
- 00:18 Laptop ban on flights from Muslim-majority nations 'INEFFECTIVE',...
- 00:18 Japan turns to Basil Fawlty in race for Olympic English
- 00:18 It’s good to talk: Is ‘pink and fluffy’ the way forward for...
- 00:17 The dangers of early marijuana use: Teens who start smoking pot...
- 00:17 Heartburn drugs linked to deadly 'superbug' infections that return...
- 00:17 Body mass index is NOT a good indicator of whether or not you're...
- 00:17 Paralysed man moves his arm and hand with the power of his mind:...
- 00:17 Prescription cuts are a 'creeping retreat' for NHS: Storm over plan...
- 00:16 Fury at tycoon’s ban on ‘coloured’ tenants
- 00:16 Venezuela: Demand for OAS to stop US-backed ‘harassment’
- 00:16 Northern Ireland: Sinn Fein slams Stormont ‘charade’
- 00:16 South Africa: Selfless servant to the anti-apartheid struggle Ahmed...
- 00:16 Holyrood votes for indy referendum II
- 00:16 Exploited temp staff an ‘underground economy’
- 00:16 Article 50 ‘Not a Blank Cheque for the Tories’
- 00:16 Protest hits flights at Stansted Airport
- 00:15 It’s good to talk: Is ‘pink and fluffy’ the way forward for...
- 00:15 What are Brexit Britain's trade options?
- 00:14 Tesco defend £3.7bn bid to takeover wholesaler Booker
- 00:13 School life: New app brings Calder High into 21st century
- 00:13 Motorists face TEN weeks of roadworks in Sowerby Bridge
- 00:13 If arrested, South Korea's Park will be in larger cell than others,...
- 00:12 It’s good to talk: Is ‘pink and fluffy’ the way forward for...
- 00:10 U.S. Fed's Powell - In 'wait-and-see' stance on Trump policies
- 00:09 Brexit: What do businesses want from Article 50 talks?
- 00:09 Broadchurch fans spotted a slight flaw in Mark Latimer’s plans to...
- 00:07 Chris Marshall: Arming our police won't defeat terrorism
- 00:06 Leeds man jailed over jealous jaw break attack
- 00:06 Jayne Dawson: Stop right there – and try living the new slow life