William Shatner 'never expected Star Trek to Klingon for 50 years'
Star Trek's William Shatner has revealed he never expected to still be celebrating the sci-fi show 50 years after it first aired.
The 85-year-old - who played Captain James Kirk in the classic 1960s television series and the first seven films - quipped that the cast were more concerned about being able to "Klingon" for another series, in a reference to one of the show's most famous alien species.
Shatner was in Birmingham on Friday for the start of the three-day Destination Star Trek convention at the NEC, marking the show's 50th anniversary.
He said the idea of the franchise... read more
- 16:15 EastEnders spoiler: Cora Cross' return REVEALED in devastating plot...
- 16:15 Banbury man dies after crashing car into tree in Northamptonshire
- 16:15 Morecambe FC players and staff paid wages after third delay
- 16:15 National Sea Life Centre in Brindleyplace unveils latest attraction
- 16:14 Man convicted of rape following four-month horror spree
- 16:14 Man painting 'I'm innocent' on roof in Saner Street - police at scene
- 16:14 Cristiano Ronaldo statue: Bust of former Manchester United ace...
- 16:14 Man City confident Arsenal will miss out academy starlet Jadon Sancho
- 16:14 Three Manchester United games that will decide top four chances
- 16:14 WATCH: Stomach-churning footage of cruise ship being BATTERED by...
- 16:12 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:12 Welcome to Chester's chocolate factory
- 16:12 Do you know this man?
- 16:11 Suspect in school machete incident appears in court
- 16:11 Police 'wanted' man appeal: Have you seen this suspected burglar...
- 16:11 Stabbing victim Aiden McAteer's family tell of shock at home attack
- 16:11 Hilton shoplifter stole garlic and tomatoes worth £1 from Tesco
- 16:11 Wife beating cricketer Mustafa Bashir could have his sentence...
- 16:10 This is when Beauty and the Beast Chip mugs will be back in Primark
- 16:10 Revealed: Ambitious bid to send Channel 4 to Coventry
- 16:10 Some 146 migrants feared dead after shipwreck, sole survivor says
- 16:10 Do you recognise these watches?
- 16:08 Fantasy Football Tips: The transfers you should make for Gameweek 30
- 16:07 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:07 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 16:07 Everything you need to know ahead of May's local elections in...
- 16:07 New property firm Watsons Estate Agency opens in Kimberley
- 16:07 See New Year's Eve road menace take police on 100mph pursuit in...
- 16:07 The Whitehouse in Sawley is to close and re-open as a tapas...
- 16:07 School cuts: 'Education is in crisis. We’re being asked to do more,...