William Hill's largest shareholder Parvus rejects Amaya deal
The largest shareholder in British betting company William Hill (WMH.L), Parvus Asset Management, said it opposes the firm's planned reverse takeover of Canadian firm Amaya (AYA.TO) in a letter to the firm's board seen by Reuters.
Parvus said the deal has "limited strategic logic and would destroy shareholder value" in the open letter dated Oct. 13, and it wanted the firm to consider "all alternative options for maximising shareholder value", including a sale of the firm.
(Reporting by Simon Jessop; editing by Pamela Barbaglia)
- 06:17 Ross Barkley: Tottenham to take time to sign Everton star - report
- 06:16 Broughton Airbus secures $39.7bn worth of deals at Paris Air Show
- 06:16 ‘Freddie’ Flintoff set to make his stage debut in Blackpool
- 06:15 Just weeks away from Cornbury’s swansong
- 06:14 Virgil van Dijk: Chelsea closing in on £60m deal for Southampton...
- 06:13 Nicola Sturgeon accused of 'going rogue' after picking fight with...
- 06:13 'Real misery is being caused to no good purpose' High Court judge...
- 06:13 Tories may sink as fast as fishermen's hope after Ian Duncan's...
- 06:10 Brian Wilson: The SNP are great at asking for your views – but...
- 06:10 Experimental bone growth treatment saves dog’s leg
- 06:10 Pupils taught to help classmates at risk of ‘honour’ violence
- 06:07 Being Donald Trump: the life of an impersonator
- 06:06 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:06 Games Inbox: Sega Forever concerns, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy...
- 06:06 Prince Harry: No one wants to be king or queen
- 06:05 SE Asia Stocks-Largely flat; Thailand hits over 2-mth high
- 06:06 Sheffield faces £41m shortfall for flood protection schemes
- 06:05 Friend of former South Korea leader jailed for three years - Yonhap
- 06:05 Burton MP Andrew Griffiths to start big 10k race in Marchington
- 06:02 Kylian Mbappe to PSG: £119m bid made for Monaco striker - report
- 06:02 Excitement builds for Strictly return
- 06:02 Real Madrid News: Cristiano Ronaldo requests Gelson Martins...
- 06:02 Arsenal closing in on Alexandre Lacazette: £50m deal could trigger...
- 06:01 5 reasons why Rotherhithe is the best place to live in London
- 06:01 DW Fitness confirm wages will be paid to staff after suspected...
- 06:01 Gold mark for Lancashire’s `high quality’ universities
- 06:01 New date set for sentencing of Derby rapist Ilija High
- 06:01 Funding pot of up to £5,000 open for youth groups in South Holland...
- 05:59 Stanfield dad-of-five stole from vending machines after breaking...
- 05:59 Snapchat's new map feature prompts warning to parents over privacy