William Hill in £4.5bn merger talks
William Hill is in talks to merge with the owner of poker websites Full Tilt and PokerStars in a deal worth about £4.5bn.
The FTSE 250 betting company confirmed it was in discussions with Canada's Amaya about a "potential all-share merger of equals".
The move is the latest example of consolidation in the gaming industry.
It follows 888 Holdings and Rank abandoning a proposed £3bn tie-up with William Hill in August.
William Hill said its board had been examining ways to diversify by expanding its digital and international businesses, while Amaya had also been reviewing its... read more
- 13:00 Theresa May ‘must get Trump to reverse media ban’
- 12:59 Peep show! Ariel Winter puts her cleavage on display in plunging...
- 12:59 'You were b****y brilliant!': Scarlett Moffatt leaves viewers 'in...
- 12:59 Lily Collins cuts a sophisticated figure in an off-the-shoulder top...
- 12:59 Swindon Town captain burgled while leading side to Coventry City win
- 12:58 Pope Francis reversed decisions to kick paedophiles out of...
- 12:57 North Shields mum accused of bringing drugs into HMP Northumberland...
- 12:56 Manchester United vs Southampton LIVE score and goal updates from...
- 12:56 Arsenal and Man City target will cost £59m: Real Madrid and...
- 12:56 Video of Yakubu doing absolutely nothing for two-and-a-half minutes...
- 12:56 West Ham hopeful Andy Carroll will be fit for Chelsea clash in...
- 12:56 Jurgen Klopp hails Adam Lallana's growing influence after Liverpool...
- 12:55 Council wants partner to build new driving range in Bulwell
- 12:55 Villagers struggling to cope around railway station with no car park
- 12:55 Birmingham City: Paul Caddis has found himself a new club
- 12:54 Watch: Dramatic moment axeman is Tasered by cops outside Bullring
- 12:53 Police appeal after dogs found on busy A16
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...