William and Kate trout of luck on Canada fishing trip
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge went salmon fishing in Canadian waters threatened by a controversial liquid natural gas project - but did not get a bite.
Despite William and Kate's lack of success with rod and line they did catch some sea food, large crabs pulled from a trap left in the pristine waters around the Haida Gwaii archipelago.
And the Duke - a passionate wildlife conservationist - and Duchess were given scarves trimmed with sea otter fur as a mark of respect by the area's Haida people.
The royal couple had travelled into the heart of the Haida nation in a 25ft war canoe to... read more
- 14:48 Sky Sports man reveals shock Man Utd move that could happen in next...
- 14:48 Ricky Ponting: Joe Root must be given England captaincy well before...
- 14:48 North East MPs tell PM Theresa May: Reveal Government 'guarantees'...
- 14:48 Tesco recalls ready meal over health concerns
- 14:47 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:47 OPINION: Derby County need to ease goalscoring pressures on Tom Ince
- 14:47 Police stop 8,000 mobile phone drivers in one week
- 14:47 Jurgen Klopp expects to see ‘100 per cent’ from the Liverpool crowd...
- 14:47 Top banks' fourth-quarter commodities revenue jumps 20-25 percent -...
- 14:46 Rafael Nadal opens up after battling win over Gael Monfils at...
- 14:46 E-cigarettes ‘attract teenagers who wouldn’t normally smoke,' finds...
- 14:46 North East MPs tell PM Theresa May: Reveal Government 'guarantees'...
- 14:46 Danny Cowley happy to see Lincoln City fans back in Stacey West Stand
- 14:44 Watch Saturday Night Live’s musical sketch tribute to Barack Obama
- 14:44 Caught in queues in London Road this morning? Here's why
- 14:43 AMERICA’S BREXIT? New bill could pull US out of UN in funding row
- 14:43 Ethiopian crushed to death in Calais – but police REFUSE to accept...
- 14:43 Classic 1973 Range Rover that travelled through AFRICA goes on sale
- 14:43 WATCH: Young girl, 7, pens heartfelt open letter to Prime Minister...
- 14:42 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:42 Police concerned for safety of 25-year-old man
- 14:42 Public urged to vote for Scotland’s beavers
- 14:41 Charity challenge Walking With The Wounded aiming for biggest year yet
- 14:41 Warning to older people as Met Office issues cold weather alert
- 14:40 Holbeach Music Cafe to reopen at WI Hall
- 14:40 Emergency planning meeting to mobilise village community
- 14:40 Anglesey farmer forks out £500 after assaulting young woman in pub...
- 14:40 German government holds 2017 growth forecast at 1.4 percent - sources
- 14:39 Wall St. set to open lower amid uncertainty under Trump
- 14:39 Ban lifted on Indian bull-taming events to end mass protests