Will Warrington join Liverpool city region - or Cheshire?
Warrington could be a step closer to becoming part of the Liverpool city region.
It follows a decision by senior councillors in the borough to accept a directly elected mayor.
Following internal political discussions, Cllr Terry O’Neill, leader of Warrington borough council, said: “We are now in agreement that the model of devolved powers from Whitehall, together with an elected Mayor, is the most appropriate arrangement for our borough.
“We will continue our conversations with other local authorities and government to ensure we have the best set of benefits to support the long term future... read more
- 16:01 Derbyshire pharmaceuticals firm planning 'hundreds' of redundancies
- 16:01 You’re hired! Apprentices come to rescue of vandalised garden
- 16:00 Sick of people parking in front of your house? This is what the law...
- 16:00 Pupil’s business in frame
- 16:00 Body of missing woman found stuffed inside abandoned suitcase
- 16:00 20 reasons Barack Obama is the coolest US President of ALL time
- 16:00 Major Louth employer Luxus Ltd celebrates €1.4 million project
- 15:59 Lincolnshire ‘bucks the trend’ with latest employment figures
- 15:59 Ahead in the clouds – tech is reshaping the way we live
- 15:59 Seven unusual and idyllic cottages in Scotland
- 15:59 Sports partnership aims to break down barriers
- 15:59 Adlington pensioner, 81, almost cheated out of £2,500
- 15:59 Councillors’ plea to health bosses to ‘tell it like it is’
- 15:57 Bigger bill for key hospital as rates rise
- 15:57 Opera review: Written On Skin at the Royal Opera House
- 15:57 Ayr Rugby Club set sights on catching Melrose after clinching place...
- 15:56 Australian Open: Dan Evans hoping to put past demons behind him...
- 15:55 Liberty Global says Vodafone joint venture is not a deal blueprint
- 15:54 Police carry pregnant woman six miles through the snow on...
- 15:54 Wrexham prison to house first inmates in 40 day's time, according...
- 15:53 Comp: Win tickets to Liverpool v Swansea at Anfield for you and...
- 15:53 Wheelchair users in Supreme Court victory over pushchairs over who...
- 15:53 Police asked to investigate fraud allegations against two Labour...
- 15:53 Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 15:52 Burton Albion: Andy Garner's response when asked about Nigel Clough...
- 15:51 High school told it needs to improve
- 15:51 Poignant farewell for lifelong Imps fan after Lincoln City take a win
- 15:51 Holyhead man who armed himself with SIX KNIVES and threatened to...
- 15:50 Local man arrested on suspicion of multiple thefts from cars
- 15:49 Tony Bellew wants apology from David Haye this week for press...