Will something finally be happening on Nottingham's empty Eastside site?
Nottingham City Council has begun investigatory works on wasteland which has been derelict since it was purchased in 1994.
The authority is continuing to encourage existing owners Heathcote Holdings to either develop the Eastside Island site or sell it for development.
The land, which sits between Manvers Street at the bottom of Sneinton and London Road, has been subject to ongoing discussions for a number of years and has been empty for more than two decades.
Proposals for a £900m redevelopment were first put forward in 2004, but no deals have ever been done to build on the site.
Now... read more
- 16:19 EU's Tusk hails 'Churchill' May, slams Trump for backing Brexit
- 16:19 Businesses can and will adapt to the age of populism
- 16:19 New 'Facebook for kids' launched in the form of an app
- 16:19 Gran has £100 East Point Retail Park parking fine dropped with help...
- 16:19 This area of Birmingham has been named the third hippest place in...
- 16:19 Struggling to find courgettes to buy in the shops? Here's why
- 16:19 EastEnders viewers spot ANOTHER gaffe - and they aren't impressed
- 16:19 Comedian Joe Lycett asking fans to go on a date with him for a TV show
- 16:19 15-year jail sentence for St Ann's man who raped child
- 16:19 Scarlett Moffatt hits back at weight loss critics who say she's...
- 16:19 Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce hoping to land cut-price...
- 16:19 Wanted man ignored letter ordering him back to jail after being...
- 16:19 They love London and they've discovered the North, but politicians...
- 16:19 West Brom: Albion forced to recall striker after Football League...
- 16:17 Naked cleaners wanted by firm to clean houses in Northampton for up...
- 16:17 Dog dumped in Northamptonshire was so hungry it was eating its own...
- 16:16 Babies remember their birth language - scientists
- 16:17 Body found in suitcase: Leicester neighbours describe horror at...
- 16:16 'Exceptional' NHS Wales winter pressure days
- 16:16 'Family man' jailed after sex offences from 40 years ago come to light
- 16:16 Huyton ferry chef who was link between city gangs and Netherlands...
- 16:16 UFC star Nate Diaz to obtain boxing licence just months after Conor...
- 16:16 Market Rasen Racecourse PICTURES from County Race Day
- 16:16 Credit Suisse contacted analysts ahead of fourth quarter - sources
- 16:16 Renault-Nissan electric car sales hit 400,000, CEO says in Davos
- 16:15 Woman Who Awards 2017 to celebrate leading ladies in business
- 16:15 14,000 new homes planned for Nuneaton and MORE traveller sites
- 16:15 Naked female cleaners wanted for £45 an hour jobs
- 16:15 Man City make Spurs star their top summer target but face...
- 16:15 Four bikes stolen from Leamington