Will MPs succeed in getting fox hunting ban repealed?
3 Have your say The government is planning on pushing ahead with attempts to repeal the ban on fox hunting, sources have said.
Former Conservative leadership contender, Andrea Leadsom, reportedly wants a free vote – in which MPs will not be subject to party whips – before the next election.
“We stand by our manifesto commitment to give Parliament the opportunity to repeal the Hunting Act on a free vote, with a government bill in government time,” a Environment Department source told The Telegraph.
The Hunting Act 2004 was brought in under Tony Blair’s government. It caused widespread... read more
- 09:39 What are Skinny Sprinkles and do they work for losing weight?
- 09:39 Is drinking cow's milk 'inhumane'?
- 09:39 Dundee United challenge excites Scott McDonald
- 09:39 £900-worth of roofing felt stolen from West Cumbrian school
- 09:39 Manchester United stars poke fun at youngster in training ahead of...
- 09:38 Piers Morgan in ferocious CLASH with Love Island stars after GMB...
- 09:37 Search planned for missing Powys teenager at Royal Welsh Show
- 09:37 Robert Pattinson was kicked out of school for selling porn magazines
- 09:36 Safety expert plunged to his death down lift shaft, inquest told
- 09:35 Dr G Yunupingu: An exquisite singer who 'spoke to the soul'
- 09:35 UK diesel and petrol ban - Government's shock new plans and how it...
- 09:35 More than 1,800 homes missed bin collections yesterday - these are...
- 09:34 Celtic skipper Scott Brown insists Moussa Dembele can only get...
- 09:33 Scientists hope fish clues aid spinal cord injury treatment
- 09:32 Guy Martin calls time on road racing career
- 09:31 Divorcee destroys ex's $1m violin collection in Japan
- 09:30 BMW stolen from outside home
- 09:30 Fred Story funds new dig at Roman finds site in Carlisle
- 09:28 Pervert who abused young boy allowed to serve his 'lenient' sentence
- 09:28 Transfer News LIVE: Follow the latest news and gossip from around...
- 09:27 Arsenal showing genuine interest in £36m Nice star Jean-Michael Seri
- 09:26 New bid demands more trains between Lincolnshire and London
- 09:25 Police chief Philip Seccombe confident on residents' safety despite...
- 09:25 POUND LIVE: Pound rises ahead of UK economy growth figures for Q2
- 09:24 Aston Villa transfer news and rumours LIVE: Wednesday, July 26th
- 09:24 Hong Kong-China train station could apply mainland law
- 09:23 Pope's financial adviser makes brief court appearance charged with...
- 09:23 British holidaymakers flee French Riviera wildfires as thousands...
- 09:22 Mum hopes killer of son, 5, is never released from prison
- 09:22 The heartbreaking origins of cesarean section births revealed