Will Google desktop users be left behind? Firm is updating its search to give priority to those on mobiles
People using desktop computers to search on Google could soon be left behind.
The firm is said to be altering the way its search function works so that people searching on mobile get more up-to-date results.
Currently, all Google users get the same search results whether they're using smartphones, tablets or a computer.
But the latest move could create a 'second class' of web surfers, experts have warned.
GOOGLE SEARCH ISN'T ALWAYS RIGHT While Google is usually helpful at answering weird and wonderful questions, it may have got itself into deep water with a question about racism.
When... read more
- 15:20 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:20 A month of extremes but town rallies
- 15:19 Fake penis woman Gayle Newland guilty again following retrial
- 15:17 Rome to turn OFF traditional water fountains as Italy prepares for...
- 15:17 BREAKING: One killed after shooting at bar - police warn of active...
- 15:16 Tesco, Sainsbury's and the Co-op appeal tax on cash machines that...
- 15:15 Andy Murray uncovered: Why the Wimbledon champion NEVER chokes in...
- 15:15 Robert Pires tells Arsene Wenger: Sign Sanchez and Ozil… and buy...
- 15:15 Women's tennis matches being limited to three sets is 'outdated and...
- 15:15 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:15 MP backs fight to preserve greenfield site
- 15:14 Cyclist raises more than £1,100 for Corby hospice in memory of his dad
- 15:14 How Gayle Newland spent years tricking women into online relationships
- 15:14 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:14 Do you know how to protect your child on the internet?
- 15:14 Concerns raised over travellers moving into Derbyshire
- 15:13 Health fears over concrete plant at Gonerby Moor
- 15:13 Grantham Hospital: Funding found for permanent discharge lounge
- 15:13 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:12 Shooting, rape charge and killer Emma strikes: 10 Emmerdale...
- 15:12 Boy, 11, killed in horror rail depot electrocution named
- 15:12 Plans to downgrade stroke services at Nuneaton's hospital revealed
- 15:12 Tributes paid to father-of-three killed in crane accident on...
- 15:12 Pictured: Sparkhill Imam facing extradition on terror charges had...
- 15:12 Another Harry Potter film marathon weekend is planned for Birmingham
- 15:12 Hate crime on trains will not be tolerated
- 15:12 How Theresa May's DUP deal gives Northern Ireland 18 times as much...
- 15:12 Birmingham City transfer rumour: Emmanuel Mbende linked with...
- 15:11 Yorkshire weather: Wet and windy but good news for the weekend
- 15:11 Brighouse woman stars in new animated DFS summer advert