Will Germany bail out Deutsche Bank? Fears of collapse grow as shares dive
Deutsche Bank’s shares have fallen to another record low and hedge funds have started to pull out some of their business.
Confidence in the bank is faltering after the revelation that it faces a £10.7bn ($14bn) fine for allegedly mis-selling mortgage-backed securities in the US.
But the German Government has flatly denied preparing to bail out the country’s biggest bank.
Germany’s finance ministry this week rejected a report, by German newspaper Die Ziet, that it was working on possible steps to rescue Deutsche Bank.
Martin Jäger, a spokesman for the ministry, said: “The German... read more
- 11:39 Supermarket chain plans to demolish neighbouring Whitefied shop to...
- 11:39 Fire breaks out above Ulverston town centre business
- 11:38 Watch: Ripon's Got Talent acts find out they're through to the final
- 11:38 New fire and ambulance station helping to save lives in Sleaford
- 11:38 Body of man found dead in river is identified and named after...
- 11:38 Jobs to go at Poundworld head office in Normanton
- 11:38 Buxton woman transformed into singing sensation Sia for Stars in...
- 11:37 Cambridge students finish the year stumbling home after...
- 11:37 Manager’s delight at pub’s new look
- 11:37 Anti-stalking: Cheshire Police and Suzy Lamplugh Trust launch unit
- 11:36 Chelsea stars fearing Eden Hazard will quit for Real Madrid...
- 11:36 Outfitter toasts £100k whisky hire contract
- 11:36 Ryan Giggs sends message to Gareth Bale over Manchester...
- 11:36 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:36 IN PICTURES: Wigan through the decades
- 11:36 World Cup fantasy football tips: Most picked XI ahead of Round 2...
- 11:33 F1: Red Bull announce two-year engine deal with Honda
- 11:33 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:33 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:31 Major investment made in re-branded Grasmere hotel
- 11:30 What the Queen and Meghan had for lunch at Chester Town Hall
- 11:29 Aidan McAnespie: Soldier charged over checkpoint killing
- 11:29 Lloyds under pressure as HBOS fraud report is published
- 11:29 Sight charity holding open day in Kettering
- 11:29 All three opposition councillor groups call for "extraordinary...
- 11:28 Berwickshire lifeboat crews in action
- 11:28 Goswick to stage Open qualifying
- 11:28 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:28 Gallery: Top brass entertain at Hebden Bridge March Contest
- 11:27 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...