Will a cycle-safe city centre be good for Nottingham?
Nottingham City Council plans to cut speed limits and make one-way streets two-way for bikes in order to make the city centre more cycle-friendly.
The local authority wants to get ten percent of people travelling into the city on two wheels by 2020 - and believes the only way to encourage more people is to invest in safer cycle routes.
But businesses are worried that making it more difficult for drivers to get into town will have a knock-on effect on the high street.
Read more: Things you only know if you've been to Goose Fair
Keith Morgan, principal transport planner at the council, said... read more
- 06:57 Panamanian guests at Alnwick primary school
- 06:57 Long-standing sponsor calls for awards nominations
- 06:57 Reflecting on another busy year on the Northumberland coast
- 06:57 VIDEO: Alnmouth's new one-way system
- 06:56 Calke Abbey plan includes demolishing a section of park boundary to...
- 06:56 Parents of Burton triplets tell of dramatic first year including...
- 06:55 Council tax hike in Northampton is partly to cover Sixfields debt,...
- 06:55 Family thank Northampton girl whose ‘dear world, happy Tuesday’...
- 06:55 Council budget for historic Northampton building set to be exceeded...
- 06:52 Should drivers give way to cyclists when turning left?
- 06:51 EXCLUSIVE: This is the secret behind Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s...
- 06:50 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 06:50 The spirit of Christmas past
- 06:49 Blundering thief told cops: 'You are after me, I have robbed...
- 06:49 Revealed: 5 new shops planned in Morrisons Festival Park expansion
- 06:49 Family's 'lucky escape' after van torched by arsonists narrowly...
- 06:49 Christmas comes early for 18,492 Stoke-on-Trent City Council...
- 06:49 Caught on camera: Picture released of 'Stoke-on-Trent's most...
- 06:46 Crowe resigns as Brig manager
- 06:38 Solomon Islands rocked by another major earthquake
- 06:38 After impeachment, South Korea prime minister urges calm, vigilance
- 06:30 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 06:29 £25 million green resort plan for Doncaster
- 06:28 Final piece of town vision is complete
- 06:21 Woman falsely claimed £46k benefits by saying she was single mother
- 06:21 When should parents tell their children the truth about Santa Claus?
- 06:20 '400 kill themselves' after release from police custody
- 06:15 Patients failing to attend hospital appointments in Derby are...
- 06:13 No objection to removal of payphones in Skegness
- 06:11 Wellingborough mum backs £3m children’s hospital appeal