Wild and wonderful! The natural world sizzles on this glorious safari in South Africa where former poachers are being retrained as game keepers
A hand-written card has been left on the table in our room. It urges us to ‘pause, listen, smell, taste, feel and see’ while staying at Singita Ebony Lodge in South Africa.
Whoever wrote the note could easily have added: learn.
Because for all the game drives, sumptuous late breakfasts, sundowners in the bush, brandies by the pool, massages in the spa, a safari is a crash-course in animal welfare, an on-the-job tutorial into the workings of nature.
At least that’s the case here in the Sabi Sand Reserve near the Mozambique border, where Singita has 18,000 acres of private land at its... read more
- 09:25 Bahrain's Investcorp says to buy 3i's debt-management business
- 09:25 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread's first-half profit rises
- 09:25 Netflix CEO gives conditional approval of AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 09:25 Eyewitness describes harrowing moment Dreamworld rapids ride...
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...
- 09:20 Heaton salon owner 'gutted' after thieves steal luxury ghd collection
- 09:20 Chester Miles of Smiles dinner guests entertained by former...
- 09:20 Anglo American boosts European mining shares to highest since last Aug
- 09:20 Congolese oppose extension of Kabila's mandate, poll shows
- 09:18 Australia's richest woman invests $300 million in British fertilizer
- 09:18 Snapped: Huge boost for Chelsea as Kurt Zouma plays for reserves…...
- 09:16 Whitbread profits perked up by rising Costa sales
- 09:15 How to unlock every trophy on Snapchat
- 09:13 Hartlepool advice survey needs your vote in funding appeal
- 09:12 Assistant Police and Crime Commissioner appointed in South Yorkshire
- 09:12 South Yorkshire motorway lane blocked after crash between car and van
- 09:10 Charlie Nicholas: This is why Arsenal have the best squad in England
- 09:10 Watch Kurt Zouma give away a penalty in his Chelsea comeback
- 09:09 New Toys R Us opening up in Derby's Intu centre
- 09:09 Parents pay tribute to beloved 38-year-old fitness fanatic from...