Wild and wonderful! The natural world sizzles on this glorious safari in South Africa where former poachers are being retrained as game keepers
A hand-written card has been left on the table in our room. It urges us to ‘pause, listen, smell, taste, feel and see’ while staying at Singita Ebony Lodge in South Africa.
Whoever wrote the note could easily have added: learn.
Because for all the game drives, sumptuous late breakfasts, sundowners in the bush, brandies by the pool, massages in the spa, a safari is a crash-course in animal welfare, an on-the-job tutorial into the workings of nature.
At least that’s the case here in the Sabi Sand Reserve near the Mozambique border, where Singita has 18,000 acres of private land at its... read more
- 09:21 Hebburn mum calls for temperature trigger for lifeguard patrols
- 09:20 Yorwaste helps pair into jobs at Seamer Carr
- 09:19 Liverpool fans attacked by masked ‘hooligans’ in Kiev ahead of...
- 09:19 Transforming waste wood into something wonderful
- 09:19 Enjoy high drama on this cliff-top trail
- 09:19 Calling all rebels: Dundee exhibition celebrates 80 years of The Beano
- 09:17 Worrying rise in children referred for mental health treatment in...
- 09:16 Exit polls suggest landslide vote for reform in Irish abortion...
- 09:15 WEATHER: A sunny Saturday for South Yorkshire
- 09:13 Latest news from Berwick Naturalists Club
- 09:12 Police appeal for information after a caravan theft
- 09:10 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:08 Chelsea Clinton: ‘I’ve had vitriol flung at me for as long as I can...
- 09:08 Woman escapes safely after car catches fire on A590
- 09:08 University of Southern California president quits in gynaecology...
- 09:07 Meet the volunteers of the scenic Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- 09:07 The artist 'beguiled' by a Yorkshire forest
- 09:07 Doncaster's 'eighth wonder of the world': The house made of sand...
- 09:07 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:06 Conservatives call for ‘simpler’ parking policy in Sunderland with...
- 09:04 Music review: Nina Nesbitt
- 09:04 Music review: Sparks
- 09:04 Music review: Echo & the Bunnymen
- 09:04 Comedy review: Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
- 09:04 Theatre review: Sunshine on Leith
- 09:02 7 interior design tips for when your home is the size of a shoebox
- 09:01 Irish abortion referendum: exit polls predict landslide for yes as...
- 08:59 Leamington man on the home stretch for his 56 challenges
- 08:56 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:55 Liverpool star Mohamed Salah deserves Ballon d'Or over Cristiano...