WikiLeaks to mark 10th anniversary with Julian Assange video address
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will address a conference today to mark the 10th anniversary of the whistleblowing website.
The 45-year-old was due to make a statement from the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has been living for more than four years.
But WikiLeaks said that owing to "recent security concerns", he would now appear via video link at a press conference in Berlin, Germany.
A man scaled a wall at the embassy in the early hours in August. The intruder was spotted at the side of the building, which includes a window, and fled after being spotted by... read more
- 18:09 Police close Grantham street after man refuses to leave balcony
- 18:09 EU ministers back caps on wholesale mobile phone roaming fees
- 18:08 RE teacher from Northamptonshire who had more than 250 images of...
- 18:08 Takeaway was so filthy inspectors shut it down on the spot
- 18:07 Bemrose School, Derby, to take 600 more pupils because of its huge...
- 18:06 Pesky pigeon blocks time lapse camera filming Hull city centre works
- 18:06 Car ends up on roof after crashing into ditch near Goole
- 18:03 U.S. House adopts massive defence bill, sees changes under Trump
- 18:02 Sympathy for Ohio campus attacker's 'pain' triggers fury
- 18:00 Benefits of daily asprin outweigh risks
- 17:58 LIVE traffic and travel as rush hour traffic causes gridlock
- 17:57 Holloway issues rallying cry to players and supporters
- 17:56 Syrian rebels and families leave another town near Damascus
- 17:55 Lancaster MP Cat Smith backs Small Business Saturday
- 17:54 Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe: This Liverpool player was destined to...
- 17:53 Theo Walcott in, Sergio Aguero out: The changes to make to your...
- 17:53 Train fares to go up by 2.3% - here's how Leicestershire commuters...
- 17:53 West Midlands rail services delayed after person hit by train
- 17:53 Britain braces for freezing conditions as winter bites
- 17:53 Exclusive - Trump financier Ladder Capital explores sale: sources
- 17:53 Power of psychedelic drugs to lift mental distress shown in trials
- 17:50 Wolfsburg open to selling Julian Draxler in January transfer window
- 17:49 Burton Albion daily digest: what are Brewers loanees up to, FA Cup...
- 17:49 Congress calls for a war games 'flyoff' between 40 year old A-10...
- 17:49 DON'T make fun weekend plans: Researchers say too much planning...
- 17:49 Green light is given to the 2020 Mars ExoMars mission - but will...
- 17:46 Newark man guilty in shocking plot to set woman's house on fire
- 17:45 Kate Bush album fails to topple Little Mix
- 17:45 Liverpool have sent scouts to watch striker: He could make history...
- 17:43 European shares snap 3-week winning streak on Italian jitters