Wigton breaks human pound symbol world record
A Cumbrian town has made history for the second time in just a few weeks.
Wigton's Innovia plant launched the country's first plastic bank note last month and to celebrate the community has now broken a world record.
The town now holds the record for the world's largest human pound symbol with more than 2,000 people turning out.
Wigton's world record attempt for the biggest human pound symbol. 2,500 expected today @newsandstar pic.twitter.com/vUug4b3fix
— Jonny Irving (@jonnyirving1990) October 11, 2016 Schoolchildren, staff from Innovia and members of the public filled out the Showfields... read more
- 08:19 Granville Academy, in Woodville, closed for rest of week after...
- 08:18 Huge 75-tonne delivery to Hull will cause massive delays on roads
- 08:18 Bingo! Leeds jobs bonanza just the tonic
- 08:16 Inquest into Cumbrian mum's death hears of further hospital errors
- 08:16 Arsenal are behind ‘most teams in the Premier League’, claims...
- 08:16 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty DEMANDS answers in heated Brexit...
- 08:15 Barcelona join the race to sign Tottenham star Harry Kane
- 08:13 You’re going to be obsessed with this Instagram dedicated to...
- 08:13 Country glory in the glens
- 08:11 Plucky Blackpool hotelier uses Google to catch burglar
- 08:11 Mum-of-two fights back from breast cancer at age of 30
- 08:11 Here's how schools are supporting transgender and non-binary pupils
- 08:11 Pervert who lives near three Whitley Bay schools caught with...
- 08:11 Meet the Newcastle couple who quit their jobs to play poker
- 08:11 Is Mersey Gateway bridge "milking the motorist" or "technology at...
- 08:10 Just one yoga class and one jogging session a week can HALF your...
- 08:10 One in five women who use sunbeds are 'tanorexics' - and it is most...
- 08:10 Forget 10,000 steps! Walking anywhere - even for five minutes -...
- 08:09 Owner of Suzanne's Skin Specialist reassures customers after...
- 08:06 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:06 Motorcyclist collides with van in Lancaster
- 08:05 Pro-Brexit MPs urge Theresa May to quit talks
- 08:05 Mhairi Black calls government ‘pious loan sharks’ in blistering...
- 08:04 June Sarpong: It’s time we started talking honestly about diversity
- 08:04 Man Utd News: Mourinho won’t last long claim, Zlatan returns,...
- 08:03 Sandringham Park shines in top awards
- 08:03 Heavy traffic as emergency services work at scene of crash on A59...
- 08:03 iPhone 8 review: 8 things you need to know about Apple’s new phone
- 08:02 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho takes swipe at critics
- 08:02 Man City star David Silva LOVES one traditional British dish