Widow of man who died after medics missed signs he was having a heart attack is suing NHS and private ambulance services
A widow whose husband died after a private ambulance crew failed to spot he was having a heart attack is suing an ambulance trust.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust has apologised to Kim Page for the death of her husband Gary after an investigation uncovered a series of failures.
The leader of the crew was described as 'complacent' for not acting on the concerns of a more junior colleague.
Mr Page, 54, died at home in February, 12 hours after the pains in his chest and arm were dismissed as possible signs of heartburn, indigestion or a pulled muscle.
Last month a coroner... read more
- 17:48 1,500 children at Doncaster Dome for book awards
- 17:46 YEP says: Get us to the plane on time
- 17:45 Village shop is named as one of the best
- 17:45 Museum unveils new rail exhibits
- 17:44 1,500 children at Doncaster Dome for book awards
- 17:44 Barrow husband assaulted wife after affair row
- 17:44 Hillary Clinton says US threats of war with North Korea are...
- 17:43 Roger Federer opens up on when he’ll retire from tennis
- 17:43 SEEING RED: Are we really a nation of animal lovers?
- 17:42 Paedophile tried to hide sick images but was caught out by police
- 17:42 Read murderer Zoe Warren's sick attempt to cover-up her crime on...
- 17:39 Pair in court over beer garden sex act in front of shocked pub...
- 17:36 Women 'deserve apology' over vaginal mesh implants
- 17:36 Bodyform advert replaces blue liquid with red 'blood'
- 17:36 US marshal traded sex for government parking spaces
- 17:36 Shrewsbury Town stopper and ex-Baggies youth battle for number one...
- 17:36 Militants kidnap four British missionaries - Nigerian police
- 17:36 Child leukaemia survivor asks newsreader if she’s single live on air
- 17:35 Flying Scotsman trip halted after technical problems
- 17:35 Bus strike is Arriva bosses' fault say union
- 17:35 Burglar guilty of killing man and daughter in fire to destroy evidence
- 17:35 Theresa May bowled over by tupperware gift after Boycott's brownie...
- 17:35 Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez gives...
- 17:35 Man Utd news: Jamie Redknapp explains the big differences between...
- 17:35 Scots called to support Catalan defence committee
- 17:34 France in far-right TERROR PLOT: Left-wing leader Jean-Luc...
- 17:32 Nielsen set to start monitoring streaming shows in move to reveal...
- 17:32 Chinese internet giant Baidu to hit the road with self-driving bus...
- 17:32 Flying Scotsman trip halted after technical problems
- 17:32 WWE News: New film of 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper's legendary career now...