Widow of man who died after medics missed signs he was having a heart attack is suing NHS and private ambulance services
A widow whose husband died after a private ambulance crew failed to spot he was having a heart attack is suing an ambulance trust.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust has apologised to Kim Page for the death of her husband Gary after an investigation uncovered a series of failures.
The leader of the crew was described as 'complacent' for not acting on the concerns of a more junior colleague.
Mr Page, 54, died at home in February, 12 hours after the pains in his chest and arm were dismissed as possible signs of heartburn, indigestion or a pulled muscle.
Last month a coroner... read more
- 10:04 Broadchurch star Julie Hesmondhalgh blasts TV portrayal of sex attacks
- 10:04 Aston Villa: Steve Bruce's unwanted selection dilemma - predicted...
- 10:04 Birmingham City: This is why Leeds United boss Garry Monk won't be...
- 10:04 Jansen praises ‘colossal’ impact of striker Jack
- 10:04 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:04 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:04 St Johnstone’s cancelled day off was positive not punishment
- 10:04 Nando’s lovers rejoice, there’s a new sauce in town and it’s hotter...
- 10:03 Dear Justine Greening, whatever happened to ‘eradicating illiteracy’?
- 10:03 South Shields FC owner hopes for new £10million ground
- 10:03 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:03 Malaysia says North Korean firms linked to arms trade being...
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business
- 10:01 Doctors' warning: Patients dying because our hospitals are 'jam-full'
- 10:01 Ten of Glasgow’s oldest buildings
- 10:01 Anger as one in six children miss out on secondary school places
- 10:01 How many players has each Premier League team used so far this season?
- 10:01 Pundit: Antonio Conte proved his class with these four expert...
- 10:01 Manolo Gabbiadini: Liverpool want to sign Southampton star next...
- 10:01 Minecraft helped to guide shootout movie Free Fire's set
- 10:01 Talking Horses: Willie Mullins’ Cheltenham team plus Tuesday tips
- 10:01 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:01 Dogs sniff out illegal cigarettes and tobacco in raids across...
- 10:00 Police appeal for dashcam footage after death of 14-year-old in...
- 10:00 Apprentices get unique chance to work on BBMF
- 10:00 Dawn raids in Cheshire on drugs ring which saw county as an 'easy...
- 09:59 Delays in Burton due to reports of accident
- 09:59 Huge apprenticeship exhibition heading to Sheffield
- 09:59 Police warning after attempted burglary