Why you should NOT force your child to clean their plate: Controlled feeding 'could drive kids to overeat when they are not hungry'
Forcing a child to clear their plate could lead them to overeat, a study claims.
New research has laid bare how much daycare centers can influence a child's habits.
Most centers, aware of their responsibility, encourage children to eat everything on their plate, to combat fussy eating early on.
But a study by the University of Nebraska warns this 'clean plate' policy can also be dangerous, potentially fueling overeating.
Plenty of previous research suggests that when kids experience controlling feeding practices, they can lose their ability to follow their own hunger cues and to stop... read more
- 07:16 Boss Bates aiming for four new Pools signings in next 10 days
- 07:15 Dowson’s delighted to have key role with Boyd’s new-look Saints
- 07:13 Ballinger excited for new challenge with FC Stratford
- 07:13 PICTURE GALLERY: Stratford Snooker League presentation night
- 07:13 Lawyers saddle up for 3,700 mile cycling relay
- 07:13 Public-funded £3m office block could finally be fully occupied...
- 07:13 School slam 'destructive' pool group ahead of crunch meeting
- 07:13 Sailor speaks after Mayday rescue which had seven vessels on standby
- 07:10 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte sacking to be confirmed NEXT WEEK,...
- 07:10 Horninglow couple thank neighbours for replacing tent after it was...
- 07:09 Northampton pub installs double-decker bus-sized TV screen perfect...
- 07:08 The touching story behind Hull's homeless DJ
- 07:07 Donald Glover on the return of Atlanta: ‘I’m not making a TV show,...
- 07:05 What links Zinedine Zidane, Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti? The...
- 07:04 Sturgeon says Brexit negotiations have ‘eroded’ trust in Westminster
- 07:04 Councils raid reserves to pay for frontline daily services
- 07:03 Life in Fridaythorpe, the village on top of the Wolds
- 07:02 FARMING MATTERS: Sheep farmers’ anxiety over dogs
- 07:01 Leeds transfer news: Sky Sports man delivers major update on summer...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Aleksandr Golovin swoop could be hijacked by...
- 07:00 Airbus warning shows Tories need to wake up to dangers of hard Brexit
- 06:50 Scottish pig sector at risk from shortage of CO2
- 06:50 Arsenal transfer news: The REAL reason for Unai Emery's small...
- 06:50 Liverpool transfer news: HUGE Alisson update from Spain affects...
- 06:48 No inquiry or criminal action to be taken over E.coli death of child
- 06:47 PNE midfielder Paul Gallagher wants to give fans Premier League...
- 06:45 Sheep exporter's licence cancellation a federal decision, says WA...
- 06:44 Children 'need 100 key words' to read
- 06:42 Government 'tree champion' makes Sheffield saga a priority after...
- 06:40 SAVE OUR BUSES: Councillors explore lifeline for the number 67