Why you can usually get a seat on a bus in Leicestershire - and always get one in Rutland
Local bus services in Leicestershire are some of the most poorly used in the country.
However, they are still used more than in Rutland, which has the lowest bus use rates of all.
The latest figures released by the Department for Transport reveal that 14 million passenger journeys were made on local bus services in Leicestershire in 2015/16.
When compared to the population, that works out at just 21 bus journeys per person for the entire year - well below the national average.
Across England there were closer to 83 bus journeys made per person, while Londoners took the bus far more often... read more
- 15:12 Hull City appoint Neil McDonald as new assistant coach
- 15:11 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:10 Hawker Yard pop-up idea is long-term winner
- 15:10 Foreign firms to increase spending on Iraqi oil fields in Basra -...
- 15:10 What is sepsis? Deadly condition kills tens of thousands every year
- 15:10 Euro zone inflation outlook still in the balance - ECB's Hansson
- 15:09 LIST: 2016 Nottinghamshire bonfire night events
- 15:09 When is Ross County v Celtic? Kick-off time, TV channel and odds
- 15:08 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:08 Poldark ‘rape scene’ complaints examined by media watchdog
- 15:07 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:07 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:07 See water shoot into the air during Gateshead High Street roadworks
- 15:06 Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains
- 15:04 Jail warning for threat to kill man
- 15:04 Adrian Greenwood stabbing: Man guilty of Wind in the Willows murder
- 15:03 Man had facial injuries after assault in Chesterfield bar
- 15:03 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:03 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:03 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:02 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:02 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:02 The Centre Project, Granby Street, warns it will have to close –...