Why winter sun breaks could be just what the doctor ordered: A lack of vitamin D 'could cause dementia'
A lack of vitamin D - which comes from sunshine - could raise your risk of getting dementia, according to research.
It is already known that someone's genetics can raise their danger of developing dementia, as can smoking or being overweight.
But a new study from Edinburgh University has found a lack of sunshine could increase the risk.
People around the world with low vitamin D levels were found to have a higher risk of developing dementia, with researchers suggesting they could in future be advised to take supplements or spend more time outside to protect themselves.
The vitamin, which... read more
- 10:02 EU's chief Brexit negotiator SLAMS PM Theresa May: 'She will use...
- 10:02 Prediction: How West Brom's Premier League run-in will unfold
- 10:02 The Fresh Prince’s original Aunt Viv has slammed ‘so called...
- 10:02 Basement bargains? The relegation-threatened players West Brom...
- 10:02 Sheffield City Region devolution poll set to be run again
- 10:02 Youngsters can experience life during wartime in Warwickshire
- 10:01 Cody Garbrandt eyeing super-fight with Demetrious Johnson after...
- 10:01 Natwest bank closure plan criticised
- 10:01 Tear-jerking moment mum and severely disabled son share first dance...
- 10:00 Spanish March inflation drops, feeds into ECB policy debate
- 10:00 VIDEO APPEAL: Missing mum wanted for abduction of two young children
- 09:59 Jo Malone, Nina Ricci and Origins: The best floral beauty gifts for...
- 09:59 Model Vogue Williams on her beauty secrets
- 09:59 Delays as accidents hit A19 and A1
- 09:59 Son of Greggs founder to be jailed for sex attacks on young boys
- 09:59 Quadring to get up to 38 new homes?
- 09:58 Embezzling Peebles accountant
- 09:58 Battle’s place in history to be highlighted
- 09:58 American Airlines pilot dies on Dallas-Albuquerque flight
- 09:58 Travellers set up camp on land off Brigg Road
- 09:57 Carr's Group issues performance warning
- 09:57 Chelsea to target Prem star as Thibaut Courtois replacement:...
- 09:57 Four arrested following knifepoint robbery in Carlisle park
- 09:56 Johnston Press announces £300m pre-tax loss
- 09:56 Laying the foundations of the future
- 09:55 How to recover after being made redundant
- 09:55 Using a McDonalds drive thru could land you a £1,000 FINE and a...
- 09:55 Maiden flight of China-built amphibious aircraft set for May
- 09:55 Vietnam labels Taiwan drills on disputed island 'serious violation'
- 09:55 Former Aston Villa target is primed for a promotion push