Why Sheffield teachers are 'at breaking point'
0 Have your say Full time secondary school teachers in England work 48.2 hours a week on average- almost 20 per cent longer than the average in other countries- according to a report published today.
Teachers in England spend near the average time teaching lessons, but spend far more time on lesson planning, writing assessments, marking and other non-teaching tasks.
Half of full time teachers work between 40 and 58 hours, and a fifth of teachers work 60 hours or more, according to a report published today by the Education Policy Institute.
The report analyses different teaching practices in... read more
- 16:30 PREVIEW: Premier League and Carabao Cup final
- 16:29 Air ambulance at scene of crash as both lanes of A1 closed
- 16:29 Man Utd warned Real Madrid won’t give up David de Gea chase
- 16:29 Boy, 2, dies in ‘hit-and-run’ crash in Coventry
- 16:29 COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET: 'We have an elite few, and a mass of people...
- 16:28 Invite to meet reporters in comfort of Cast cafe drop-in
- 16:28 Man Utd ace Scott McTominay makes Jose Mourinho claim after shock...
- 16:28 Real Madrid news: Marco Asensio sets 30-day deadline amid Man Utd,...
- 16:28 Can anyone give them a home?
- 16:28 Roger Federer: Rafael Nadal has cracked secret to beating Swiss...
- 16:27 Eddie Van Hoof sacked as men’s head coach at British Gymnastics
- 16:27 Bid to save Melton children’s centres from closure is blocked
- 16:26 New operator takes charge of popular Carlisle golf course
- 16:26 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:26 When does the old £10 note go out of circulation?
- 16:26 Murder accused told prison inmate he killed Sheffield man over £10k...
- 16:26 Call for FOUR fast trains an hour between Sheffield and Manchester
- 16:25 VIDEO: Hundreds of African children to get shoes thanks to Banbury...
- 16:24 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:24 One child killed in Coventry hit-and-run: What we know so far
- 16:24 Family of fallen soldier left devastated after sentimental items...
- 16:24 The cost of your TV licence is going up - here's what you need to know
- 16:23 The Greens’ best hope is to sign up with Labour
- 16:23 Mother who poisoned and suffocated eight-week-old son is jailed
- 16:23 Chef Novelli applauds Wakefield food ahead of city's rhubarb festival
- 16:22 Consultants criticise 'catastrophic' rise in 12-hour A&E waits
- 16:22 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:21 New Russian stealth fighter spotted in Syria
- 16:21 Eight died in 'avoidable collision' on M1, court told
- 16:21 D-Day veteran gets military honour