Why 'radioactive' Deutsche Bank could go nuclear at any time, experts warn
Germany's biggest bank reportedly has a $45 TRILLION (£34trn) portfolio of underlying assets that its clients are taking a position in - which equates to more than 10 times Germany's entire GDP.
And the problem is that no one really knows what's makes up Deutsche's book of exposure and so-called derivatives book because it's so opaque and complicated, according to Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Markets UK.
He told Express.co.uk: "Deutsche has the biggest derivatives book in the world, and people will say that its hedged to a greater or lesser extent, but it's the... read more
- 07:49 New chapter in the history of Old King Cole
- 07:49 Concern for a female after an altercation outside Aldi
- 07:49 ONLINE POLL: Should fidget spinners be banned in schools?
- 07:47 Big Night Out as Hull's legendary club Biarritz reopens at Valbon
- 07:45 China takes steps to prevent civil servants from using posts for...
- 07:45 Show with two Strictly stars comes to Scunthorpe
- 07:45 Property of the week: Take a look at this ideal family home - pictures
- 07:45 New interior design shop opens in Scunthorpe
- 07:45 Thieves caused £3000 worth of damage after two club break-ins
- 07:45 Election 2017: Scunthorpe candidates have their say on local issues
- 07:44 Knitting crazy at Woodhall Spa for Breast Cancer Care
- 07:43 High school staff’s charity weight loss
- 07:41 My Yorkshire: Yorkshire Sculpture Park curator Sarah Coulson on her...
- 07:41 Exposing the literary history of England’s most famous houses
- 07:38 Ask Andy: Do girls genuinely find ‘dad-bod’ sexy?
- 07:32 Keane: Browne fitting in
- 07:32 Hot properties in this summer’s transfer market: Top 10 playmakers
- 07:29 Grantham Journal Big Interview: Race against time to restore canal...
- 07:27 Pokemon Go news: Niantic confirm update as new Promo Codes arrive
- 07:22 How could Brexit impact international businesses in Derbyshire?
- 07:20 Manchester United must learn from Paul Pogba transfer with Antoine...
- 07:20 Man City fans rate the players and tell us we got Kevin De Bruyne...
- 07:19 Jamie Foxx criticised for ‘mocking sign language’ on Jimmy Fallon
- 07:16 Mystery calls between rapist footballer David Goodwillie's lawyer...
- 07:16 Dad begs 'secret' daughter not to snub him after he didn’t know she...
- 07:16 Bullied to death: Tragic Emily Drouet’s swollen face shows damage...
- 07:15 27 swimming pools to try Birmingham
- 07:13 Theo Hernandez tells Lionel Messi why he snubbed Barcelona for Real...
- 07:08 National BBQ week 2017: 10 mouth-watering vegan desserts to serve...
- 07:05 Chelsea star Eden Hazard loses his crown as Premier League's best...