Why popping a spot could KILL you: Dermatologist reveals 'danger zone' where any infection can spread to the brain
It might be tempting to squeeze a pesky spot on your face.
But according to a Salford dermatologist it's a bad habit that can do more than just scar you.
In rare cases, it could actually kill you, says Dr Vishal Maden.
It's all down to an area on the face known as The Danger Triangle, which is found across parts of the eyes, the bridge of the nose, the corners of the mouth and the upper lip.
He told BBC Radio 5 Live Breakfast blood vessels in this zone drain back to your head and connect directly to your brain.
Infections there could lead to vision loss, permanent paralysis, or even -... read more
- 14:59 Ferrari boss breaks media silence in staggering admission about...
- 14:59 F1 2017 driver helmets: Every new design ahead of the upcoming season
- 14:58 Championship final table predicted by computer: Who will make the...
- 14:58 Nelson filmmaker nominated for national awards
- 14:58 What does ‘free-range’ actually mean? It’s complicated
- 14:58 #IAMGRIMSBY Vote now for your favourite fish and chip shop!
- 14:57 #softcoup: the plot to oust Corbyn (that might not really exist)
- 14:57 First full vegan cafe moving to Birmingham city centre
- 14:57 Liam Payne and pregnant Cheryl celebrate first anniversary
- 14:57 David Walliams moves on from Nightly Show to star in Teletubbies
- 14:57 Birmingham City poll: Who is your favourite loan striker ever to...
- 14:57 The holiday destinations where prices have PLUMMETED
- 14:57 North Wales boxers to square up for Welsh light-heavyweight crown
- 14:56 Call the Midwife's ‘harrowing’ FGM storyline praised by NSPCC for...
- 14:56 Piers Morgan starts on J.K. Rowling AGAIN causing Richard Arnold to...
- 14:56 Concern growing for missing Hull man Clive Reynolds, 73, who needs...
- 14:56 Domino's sex couple Daniella Hirst and Craig Smith say 'we got...
- 14:54 Deal struck over BHS pension scheme
- 14:54 Brighton promotion would be bigger than Newcastle feat, says Hughton
- 14:54 Newcastle's three away games in a week will shape the Championship...
- 14:53 Cumbrian teen's an online hit
- 14:53 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 14:53 I don’t want you in my life if you busk on public transport
- 14:52 Police release e-fit of suspect in Hartlepool girl Katrice Lee's...
- 14:51 Woman assaulted in broad daylight near Grimsby footbridge
- 14:51 PSA unveils new DS7 Crossback sport utility vehicle
- 14:51 Free-range eggs become ‘barn eggs’ following bird flu
- 14:51 UK insurer Aviva to take 385 million pounds charge after discount...
- 14:51 Rise in people being arrested in Northamptonshire for downloading...
- 14:50 Travel chaos: Birmingham Airport passengers to face WEEKS of...