Why Nigel Farage will NOT be standing in the 2017 General Election
Nigel Farage has ruled out standing for Parliament in the general election, claiming his position as an MEP gave him a better chance to influence Brexit.
The former Ukip leader said he would be able to use his profile in European politics to put "real pressure" on MEPs to back a "sensible deal" for the UK.
But he acknowledged that the thought of standing had been "tempting" - particularly given former Ukip MP Douglas Carswell's decision to stand down in Clacton.
Mr Farage used an article in the Daily Telegraph to claim the Essex seat would have given him an... read more
- 17:21 Ilkeston engineering firm celebrate multi-million pound gas contract
- 17:20 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp backed to complete goalkeeper deal
- 17:18 Stollers £3m clearance marks the final stage of refurb
- 17:18 Residents in Dalton bemoan 'horrendous' parking situation
- 17:18 'Beyond belief': Brexit app for EU nationals won't work on iPhones
- 17:18 L'Enclume food award win is fantastic news for Cartmel, says...
- 17:18 Pin-prick test will determine baby's gender just EIGHT WEEKS into...
- 17:18 Hartlepool United fans fall short in goal to win cash on ITV gameshow
- 17:16 Derby County vs Cardiff City - what the result will mean for Aston...
- 17:16 This is what Aston Villa players think of the new kit deal
- 17:16 Thousands of faulty wheelie bins across Solihull are splitting apart
- 17:16 Spaghetti Junction breakdown causes chaos for commuters
- 17:16 YouTube prankster Jake Paul could be sued for £2.5 million by...
- 17:16 Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her past ‘intimacy issues’ and...
- 17:16 Scarlett Johansson reveals floral back tattoo on the Avengers:...
- 17:16 Woman, 21, hit in face with glass or bottle at student club night...
- 17:15 Luke Shaw ready to run down his Manchester United deal to leave for...
- 17:14 Cartmell Shepherd officially opens new office in West Cumbria
- 17:14 Jail for transgender beautician who assaulted police constable
- 17:13 Israel scraps plan to forcibly deport African migrants
- 17:13 Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! The top 10 beachside holiday...
- 17:13 Palma becomes first Spanish city to ban property owners from...
- 17:13 Reports from the court
- 17:13 Clear space on your dressing table – RuPaul is releasing a...
- 17:10 Leeds's Turtle Bay allowed to trade later despite police concerns
- 17:10 Emergency fix after cable fault in Spalding
- 17:10 MEP urges support for PM as she negotiates Brexit
- 17:09 Explore art after hours with Museums at Night
- 17:09 The 13 most annoying things about living in Great Barr
- 17:09 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...