Why Leicester outclassed rivals to attract 200 new jobs
The head of an organisation helping to bring 200 jobs to Leicester has revealed why the city outclassed its rivals.
Peter Leathem, chief executive of Phonographic Performance Ltd (PPL), said Leicester beat others hands down simply because it had so much going for it.
The PPL is teaming up with PRS for Music to create a new music licensing company that will open in the city in the second half of next year.
Mr Leathem said they scouted around the UK – including cities such as Nottingham – before settling on Leicester.
He said: "The reason we chose Leicester was a mix of things such as... read more
- 09:52 Cruise news: Woman stuck in sea for an HOUR after FALLING overboard...
- 09:51 Khan signs up for Lancashire T-20 campaign
- 09:51 Morecambe’s Mullin hailed ahead of trip to Newport
- 09:51 Man hit with hammer then pushed through Burger King window in Skegness
- 09:51 Government records £9.4bn surplus in January
- 09:51 This hair dye will adapt its colour according to your surroundings
- 09:51 Air ambulance at scene of crash involving lorry and motorbike
- 09:50 'Stubborn' swan blocks M27 at Fareham
- 09:50 This Nottinghamshire design firm is looking to boost the web...
- 09:49 Burglars steal car keys from Sandiacre home - then take Citroen...
- 09:49 UK food and drink sales hit £20bn across the world
- 09:49 Roman Abramovich secures crucial deal: Chelsea fans will love this
- 09:48 Czechs, tired of being 'Europe's garbage can', will push for better...
- 09:48 China jails former head of safety watchdog for 15 years for graft
- 09:47 Serious cause behind the smile
- 09:47 Explorer Levison Wood to entertain Chesterfield with stories of his...
- 09:46 Sutton United boss hits out at 20-stone goalie Wayne Shaw for...
- 09:45 You can skip this ad in a year: YouTube drops 30-second commercials
- 09:45 YP Comment: The best and worst of politics
- 09:45 Pundit addresses rumours of Man United’s £30m Arsenal raid: This...
- 09:45 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 09:45 Milo Yiannopoulos banned from conference over paedophilia comments
- 09:45 Children's sex book causes stir in Indonesia
- 09:45 COURT REGISTER
- 09:45 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Catching God’s attention as spring arrives...
- 09:44 South Africa grants Barclays Africa some immunity in FX rigging probe
- 09:44 Hammond closes in on budget goal after strong January tax inflows
- 09:44 Mourinho mind games begin as Man Utd draw Chelsea in FA Cup
- 09:44 Marlpool model set for a comeback
- 09:44 Asia stocks consolidate recent gains; China shines