Why Leicester outclassed rivals to attract 200 new jobs
The head of an organisation helping to bring 200 jobs to Leicester has revealed why the city outclassed its rivals.
Peter Leathem, chief executive of Phonographic Performance Ltd (PPL), said Leicester beat others hands down simply because it had so much going for it.
The PPL is teaming up with PRS for Music to create a new music licensing company that will open in the city in the second half of next year.
Mr Leathem said they scouted around the UK – including cities such as Nottingham – before settling on Leicester.
He said: "The reason we chose Leicester was a mix of things such as... read more
- 15:09 Tottenham can overhaul Chelsea in the title race… and this is why -...
- 15:09 Police want to speak to man in connection with assault
- 15:09 Thorntons recall their Jolly Santa on safety grounds
- 15:08 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:08 Mansfield man lashed out over “sex” comments in chip shop
- 15:08 Overweight Burton Latimer dog sheds 4kg
- 15:08 Work begins on next phase of Corby to Kettering rail upgrade
- 15:08 Manchester United ready to stick by Luke Shaw while Manchester City...
- 15:07 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:07 Quidditch team to hold try-outs in Leeds
- 15:07 Chelsea defender Baba Rahman faces surgery after knee ligament injury
- 15:07 Two new museum heads herald a generational shift in advocates for...
- 15:07 Hull hopes to revive its fortunes as Britain’s latest “City of...
- 15:06 Sturgeon vows to save Scotland from hard Brexit and Tories'...
- 15:06 Blog: Ayr United penalty hero Greg Fleming proves he's spot on
- 15:06 Tuitavake makes first start as Saints make nine changes for...
- 15:06 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:06 Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for deadly bomb blast which left as...
- 15:06 Council agrees college funding
- 15:06 Germany may deport up to 547 'security risk' asylum seekers
- 15:05 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:05 Showcasing the strength of healthcare firms
- 15:05 Council votes for flexibility as it cancels 35-year waste deal
- 15:04 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:04 Council agrees college funding
- 15:04 MPS: Kashmir must be given chance of 'Brexit'-style vote
- 15:04 Mum who was bought an egg for £25 off eBay now has an emu
- 15:04 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:04 Sudanese government says rebel group to sign Darfur peace pact
- 15:04 Historic club under threat