Why IS American healthcare the most expensive (and least efficient) in the world?
It's that time of year again.
Insurance companies that participate in the Affordable Care Act's state health exchanges are signaling that prices will rise dramatically this fall.
And if insurance costs aren't enough of a crisis, researchers are highlighting deficiencies in health care quality, such as unnecessary tests and procedures that cause patient harm, medical errors bred by disjointed or fragmented care and disparities in service distribution.
While critics emphasize the ACA's shortcomings, cost and quality issues have long plagued the U.S. health care system.
As my research... read more
- 10:29 Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera the ‘most irritating...
- 10:28 PICTURES: St George’s Day parade, Kettering
- 10:28 Attention motorheads: Harley-Davidson’s summer internship comes...
- 10:28 Crossword blog: try our American-style puzzle No 7: Money talks
- 10:27 Football transfer rumours: Arsène Wenger to PSG or Borussia Dortmund?
- 10:27 Will Kate Middleton have a baby boy?
- 10:27 Speicalist coaching has brought the best out of Scott Loach at...
- 10:27 Leinster ready to take their seat at the head of European rugby’s...
- 10:27 Who was Saint George and did he actually kill a dragon?
- 10:27 Change on the pitch the priority for Hartlepool United
- 10:27 Sunderland College staff strike over ongoing pay deal dispute
- 10:26 Teen taken to hospital after serious assault in Wakefield
- 10:26 Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone considering tactical switch...
- 10:26 Carlos Carvalhal insists Swansea's home form will ensure their...
- 10:25 Teen taken to hospital after serious assault in Wakefield
- 10:24 Everything you need to know about St George's Day
- 10:24 Why you should check your account if you bank with TSB in Yorkshire
- 10:24 BREAKING: Stereophonics announce open air gig in Yorkshire -...
- 10:23 Do-gooder trying to help security guards near McDonald’s ended-up...
- 10:23 Six-year-old Rishworth dancer to represent England on global stage
- 10:23 WATCH: Canine Massage Guild's healing power for dogs in Chorley
- 10:23 Lancashire court listings - Monday, April 23, 2018
- 10:22 Library of Birmingham is closed for third day - no reopening date
- 10:22 Well known city centre deli-bar in shock closure
- 10:22 Girl, 15, hasn’t been seen for six weeks since she vanished from home
- 10:22 Death of well known Nelson bakery boss
- 10:22 Man dies trying to rescue Mercedes driver who got stuck in sand
- 10:21 New demands to ditch relief road ahead of crunch meeting
- 10:20 Do-gooder trying to help security guards near McDonald’s ended-up...
- 10:20 Treat your precious puppy to a dog-sized sunhat