Why getting on a rollercoaster can transform your life: From dislodging brain tumours to helping you pass kidney stones
For anyone who suffers from the agony of kidney stones, the news last week that riding on a rollercoaster can cure them may make a trip to the nearest theme park seem like a good idea.
In fact, these fairground thrill machines have been found to bring an astounding array of medical benefits, from easing asthma and deafness to helping one woman combat cancer.
The novel kidney stone cure was revealed by researchers at Michigan State University in the U.S.
They’d been inspired to look at this by stories of kidney stone patients who reported that riding on Walt Disney World’s Big Thunder... read more
- 12:55 Nintendo Classic NES games: Has a big new secret been discovered?
- 12:54 Five things we learned from the Trainspotting 2 world premiere
- 12:54 Former Arsenal and Tottenham star Sol Campbell: Hopefully Chelsea...
- 12:54 Which Premier League team has scored the most late goals this season?
- 12:54 Watch the ‘punch’ that could land this Premier League player a...
- 12:54 Guillem Balague provides major Antoine Griezmann update: Man United...
- 12:54 The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons has some advice for the Sheldon...
- 12:54 Chelsea trio visit Hull star Ryan Mason in hospital after he...
- 12:54 Derby expert says 'hard Brexit' will mean more firms going bust
- 12:53 Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- 12:53 Market Rasen and Louth RFC whitewash Old Scouts
- 12:53 Rape ruling footballer David Robertson retires from the sport
- 12:52 Boozed-up man is ordered to pay £613 after abusing police officer
- 12:52 Pound eyes $1.25 as traders bet British government to lose Brexit case
- 12:51 Did you see schoolboy, 14, being hit in the face in Stafford?
- 12:51 Rafael Nadal battles past Gael Monfils to set up Australian Open...
- 12:51 Crash on Bay Gateway junction
- 12:50 Pound hits one-month HIGH against dollar investors 'lose patience'...
- 12:50 How happy are people in your part of Derbyshire?
- 12:50 Shkodran Mustafi: Why I knew Arsenal would score a late winner...
- 12:49 See how many people were caught driving and using a mobile phone in...
- 12:49 Oak helps HAPPA celebrate 80th anniversary
- 12:49 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:49 GOTCHA: Russia obliterates ISIS targets in Syria as second massive...
- 12:48 Lancashire Police crackdown on mobile phone use behind the wheel
- 12:48 Lloyds cyber-attack details emerge
- 12:48 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:48 Blood donor who is scared of needles encourages people to save lives
- 12:48 Stuck for somewhere to park in Lincoln? A 200-space park and ride...
- 12:48 Rafael Nadal sets up quarter-final clash with Milos Raonic