Why cervical cancer patients are being let down: Charity warns women are 'not getting the care and support they need'
Cervical cancer patients are not being given vital support to cope with the side effects of treatment, a new report claims.
Almost a third of sufferers felt there was a lack of psychological help available after treatment.
While 94 per cent of patients had not been given a written care plan and only 43 per cent felt they were given consistent levels of care during their treatment.
Many reported a lack of help to assist them through the difficult impact of being diagnosed with cervical cancer.
Based on in-depth interviews with patients, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust released the document in a... read more
- 14:56 Tory MP’s are getting ready for another snap general election
- 14:54 Details of Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding speech revealed
- 14:50 Chelsea owner Abramovich experiences UK visa renewal 'delay'
- 14:49 Police appeal after bike stolen
- 14:48 Preview Capital sights in view
- 14:48 Jazz albums with Chris Searle Trio totally in tune with perfection
- 14:48 Man rescued from 'hoarder's' burning Moseley home
- 14:46 Police searching for missing Cumbria teenager
- 14:43 Former Liverpool star would be open to Anfield return - but it's...
- 14:43 Hose Primary School installs new climbing frame thanks to lottery...
- 14:38 Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich missed FA Cup final over UK...
- 14:35 Tyson Fury: Opponent confirmed for heavyweight comeback fight in June
- 14:34 Geordie Shore's Marnie Simpson shows off her pert posterior in...
- 14:34 Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon admits she's 'insecure' about her...
- 14:34 Coronation Street's Faye Brookes showcases her lean figure in biker...
- 14:34 Fearne Cotton shares make-up free selfie after rough night with her...
- 14:34 Lottie Moss flashes her toned stomach in a tiny white crop top and...
- 14:34 WW2 German sea mine washes up near Bognor Regis
- 14:33 Boss of Yorkshire Bank says digital business could overtake high...
- 14:31 ‘Believing me is crucial’: How to talk to somebody who is...
- 14:29 Chelsea star Willian aims huge dig at Antonio Conte in SHOCKING...
- 14:27 Nigel Farage to address far-right rally in Germany
- 14:26 Homeless woman died with almost £1,000,000 in the bank
- 14:25 Pupils impress with Maypole dancing skills
- 14:23 Dodgy fish sellers are causing a right stink
- 14:22 Tyson Fury to face Sefer Seferi in comeback fight
- 14:17 Major contract after production capacity growth
- 14:16 Hedgehogs can call a Warwick school home
- 14:15 Staffordshire police monitor mental health of officers who view...
- 14:14 Lancashire 64, Cheshire 23