Why being a spotty teenager stops your skin ageing: Acne sufferers' cells have built-in protection that keeps them looking younger
If your teenage son or daughter is blighted by acne, they can take heart.
For while they may feel greasy and unattractive at the moment, by middle age they will be the envy of their peers.
British research shows that acne sufferers’ cells have built-in protection against ageing that is likely to keep them looking younger than their years.
So while their former classmates bemoan the appearance of crow’s feet and other wrinkles and crinkles, their skin is more likely to maintain a youthful lustre.
The suggestion comes from King’s College London researchers who studied tiny structures called... read more
- 10:37 Ed Sheeran sends special video message to four-year-old Melton girl...
- 10:36 Tamworth FC looking for a winning send-off
- 10:36 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:35 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:35 Bayern muscle in on Barcelona and Real Madrid target as agent...
- 10:35 Loads of people are having sex in airports instead of on planes
- 10:33 Travel: The ten best beaches in Scotland
- 10:33 Travel: Glamping in an eco-friendly den in west Wales
- 10:33 Travel: the adventurer who rowed across the Mediterranean
- 10:32 Ex-Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett on beauty secrets
- 10:31 These are Steve Bruce's main contenders for Aston Villa's player of...
- 10:31 Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa TV details: Who is in the teams?...
- 10:31 West Brom vs Leicester City TV details: What time is kick-off? Who...
- 10:30 Man City star's comments could spark huge swap deal - and it's bad...
- 10:29 Incredible Edible: Going ‘edimental’ along the canal
- 10:28 Father of three wins legal fight against British Airways as the...
- 10:28 EXCLUSIVE: Sure beats a tent! Bella Hadid relaxes in bikini in...
- 10:28 Wonderful Wales! Rolling valleys, magnificent castles and...
- 10:28 Police are trying to trace men in connection with attempted bank...
- 10:27 Bank holiday misery for drivers as A1 is closed
- 10:26 48-year-old man stabbed to death on bus named
- 10:26 Man due in court over fatal stabbing in east London
- 10:26 Hundreds seeking compensation over ops by convicted breast surgeon
- 10:26 Theresa May commits to delivering HS2 rail link
- 10:25 CCTV of moment sex attacker stalked victim hours before marrying...
- 10:25 Bar flouts food safety laws by selling cheaper version of spirit
- 10:25 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:24 Teens jump 20ft from window to escape armed intruder who planned to...
- 10:24 Take a look at David Beckham as he swaps the football kit for a...
- 10:24 Celebrating boxing's greatest fight nights in Britain