Why a lack of sleep makes us depressed: Expert reveals what YOU can do about it
Historically, insomnia has been thought of as secondary to other disorders such as depression.
The idea was that you became depressed – and that your sleep got messed up as a consequence.
This might involve difficulty falling asleep, excessive time awake at night or waking up earlier than hoped.
This may make sense to those who have experienced depression and found that thoughts of distressing events such as of a deceased loved one, or previous failures, keep them awake at night.
The possibility that depression leads to insomnia is also consistent with research in which I have been... read more
- 11:39 Row as Mansfield District council pays thousands to property...
- 11:39 Nigel Slater’s courgettes and tagliatelle recipe
- 11:39 Microbead ban: Here are some natural alternatives
- 11:39 Supermarket chain plans to demolish neighbouring Whitefied shop to...
- 11:39 Fire breaks out above Ulverston town centre business
- 11:38 Watch: Ripon's Got Talent acts find out they're through to the final
- 11:38 New fire and ambulance station helping to save lives in Sleaford
- 11:38 Body of man found dead in river is identified and named after...
- 11:38 Jobs to go at Poundworld head office in Normanton
- 11:38 Buxton woman transformed into singing sensation Sia for Stars in...
- 11:37 Cambridge students finish the year stumbling home after...
- 11:37 Manager’s delight at pub’s new look
- 11:37 Anti-stalking: Cheshire Police and Suzy Lamplugh Trust launch unit
- 11:36 Chelsea stars fearing Eden Hazard will quit for Real Madrid...
- 11:36 Outfitter toasts £100k whisky hire contract
- 11:36 Ryan Giggs sends message to Gareth Bale over Manchester...
- 11:36 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:36 IN PICTURES: Wigan through the decades
- 11:36 World Cup fantasy football tips: Most picked XI ahead of Round 2...
- 11:33 F1: Red Bull announce two-year engine deal with Honda
- 11:33 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:33 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:31 Major investment made in re-branded Grasmere hotel
- 11:30 What the Queen and Meghan had for lunch at Chester Town Hall
- 11:29 Aidan McAnespie: Soldier charged over checkpoint killing
- 11:29 Lloyds under pressure as HBOS fraud report is published
- 11:29 Sight charity holding open day in Kettering
- 11:29 All three opposition councillor groups call for "extraordinary...
- 11:28 Berwickshire lifeboat crews in action
- 11:28 Goswick to stage Open qualifying