Why a lack of sleep makes us depressed: Expert reveals what YOU can do about it
Historically, insomnia has been thought of as secondary to other disorders such as depression.
The idea was that you became depressed – and that your sleep got messed up as a consequence.
This might involve difficulty falling asleep, excessive time awake at night or waking up earlier than hoped.
This may make sense to those who have experienced depression and found that thoughts of distressing events such as of a deceased loved one, or previous failures, keep them awake at night.
The possibility that depression leads to insomnia is also consistent with research in which I have been... read more
- 11:37 European team of the week based on stats: PSG, Bayern Munich,...
- 11:37 Northamptonshire bride and groom traipsed home after police halted...
- 11:37 Independent coffee chain opens Burton Latimer shop
- 11:36 Nine Lincolnshire Police officers assaulted in three days
- 11:36 Children secure place at preferred Northumberland schools
- 11:35 How former airbase school bounced back after RAF left Doncaster
- 11:34 Prince's family suing hospital that treated singer for initial...
- 11:34 Winter is coming: how the weather became TV's coldest villain
- 11:33 Godleman over the moon with victory
- 11:33 3 arrested after drugs and gun found in raid
- 11:32 Show dedicated to Sheffield dance teacher
- 11:32 Chancellor hails a 'turning point' for the economy as the...
- 11:32 Holyrood row breaks out over "fawning" Royal baby motion
- 11:32 New case of Alabama Rot confirmed
- 11:32 Premier League transfer news: Danny Rose, Mauro Icardi, Jorginho,...
- 11:31 How former airbase school bounced back after RAF left Doncaster
- 11:31 Brackley food business to offer direct degree route
- 11:31 Peruvian judge orders arrest of two accused of lynching Canadian
- 11:30 David Davis apologises for unannounced border visit
- 11:30 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight
- 11:30 Man released after joint enterprise conviction quashed
- 11:30 Kate Middleton red dress is giving us serious Princess Diana vibes
- 11:29 Closing branches leaves ‘sense of decline and despair’, banks...
- 11:29 Using your phone in the passenger seat could land you a £200 fine...
- 11:28 Digital skills partnership launch
- 11:28 Blackpool building firm in £21m city work
- 11:28 Middle earners punished by 'fiscal drag': Higher rate of income tax...
- 11:28 How you could get points and a fine for using your phone as a...
- 11:28 EastEnders spoilers: Phil Mitchell reveals the shocking truth about...
- 11:28 Mohamed Salah is worshipped from the Colosseum to the Kop... here's...