Why a lack of sleep makes us depressed . . and what we can do about it
0 Have your say Historically, insomnia has been thought of as secondary to other disorders such as depression.
The idea was that you became depressed – and that your sleep got messed up as a consequence. This might involve difficulty falling asleep, excessive time awake at night or waking up earlier than hoped.
This may make sense to those who have experienced depression and found that thoughts of distressing events such as of a deceased loved one, or previous failures, keep them awake at night. The possibility that depression leads to insomnia is also consistent with research in which I... read more
- 03:24 Nikkei rises, hovers 6-month high as rising yields help financial...
- 02:56 Abuse inquiry dropped investigation into lawyer's conduct
- 02:55 A sick joke! NHS moans about lack of funds but FAILS to collect...
- 02:52 Good news for Honduras' murder capital?
- 02:52 China's forbidden babies still an issue
- 02:52 India Kashmir: The teenager blinded by pellets
- 02:52 Russian bullet train whirrs past bleak lives
- 02:43 Study recommends screening toddlers for heart disease risk
- 02:33 Study recommends screening toddlers for heart disease risk
- 02:31 Heading footballs may cause short-term brain changes
- 02:28 South Korea October exports seen hit by Samsung, Hyundai; output...
- 02:14 Doctors excited by cystic fibrosis therapy
- 02:10 Calais 'Jungle' stragglers and minors spend another night at camp
- 02:08 Quiz of the week's news
- 02:08 The Poles looking to leave the UK after Brexit
- 02:06 'It was winding me up!': The Apprentice's Aleksandra King admits...
- 02:06 Hair today, gone tomorrow! Great British Bake Off's Ruby Tandoh...
- 02:06 Ferne McCann shows off gorgeous womanly figure in chic one-shoulder...
- 02:06 Rita Ora models sexy black underwear in a pulsating teaser video as...
- 02:06 Naomi Campbell shimmers in metallic gold gown... while Kate Moss...
- 02:06 Battle of the boobs! Lara Stone and Irina Shayk go head to head in...
- 02:06 Racy in red! X Factor winner Louisa Johnson leads the Halloween...
- 02:02 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday
- 02:00 Dollar stands tall against yen ahead of U.S. GDP data
- 01:53 Oil prices dip on doubts OPEC can coordinate output cut
- 01:44 Trump running mate Mike Pence's plane skids off runway
- 01:41 Liverpool hero takes subtle dig at Man United: How they've helped...
- 01:35 When Joni Mitchell wore blackface for Halloween
- 01:33 Russia denies its warships will join Aleppo bombardment - RIA
- 01:31 Male contraceptive jab 'shows promise'