Why a lack of sleep makes us depressed . . and what we can do about it
0 Have your say Historically, insomnia has been thought of as secondary to other disorders such as depression.
The idea was that you became depressed – and that your sleep got messed up as a consequence. This might involve difficulty falling asleep, excessive time awake at night or waking up earlier than hoped.
This may make sense to those who have experienced depression and found that thoughts of distressing events such as of a deceased loved one, or previous failures, keep them awake at night. The possibility that depression leads to insomnia is also consistent with research in which I... read more
- 01:31 Ivory seizures hit record levels last year, report says
- 01:31 Redskins v Eagles: How to watch Monday night football online and on tv
- 01:26 Dentist fines: Mistakes over addresses hitting thousands
- 01:25 World War 3: USA has ‘NO COHERENT PLAN’ to deal with North Korea,...
- 01:25 John Mousinho leaves Burton Albion and joins Oxford United
- 01:24 Why Zimbabwe has a 'Minister of WhatsApp'
- 01:05 Amir Khan calls out Floyd Mayweather but domestic rival Kell Brook...
- 01:05 James Haskell seeks upturn in Wasps form to boost his chances of...
- 01:01 ‘No deal’ Brexit would cost Tayside and Fife nearly £4bn, say...
- 00:59 Generation game in Gomersal
- 00:58 Mosul: Culture and concerts where IS once reigned
- 00:50 US style restaurant chain reveals location of next site
- 00:42 Heckmondwike man killed in Cleckheaton car crash
- 00:42 Subsidised bus services to be scrapped
- 00:32 Mercedes in harmony as Lewis Hamilton joins the party in Austin...
- 00:27 Harry Kane wants to become 'one of the best players in the world'...
- 00:27 Man City news: Gabriel Jesus insists Sergio Aguero deserves his...
- 00:27 Man Utd news: Juan Mata insists Huddersfield defeat was a one-off
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Huge Christmas drama ahead for Lauren, Abi and...
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Knife horror for Tina Carter leads to hit and...
- 00:24 Mel B ‘chucks out ex Stephen Belafonte’s stuff leaving him only...
- 00:22 Paris accord: US and Syria alone as Nicaragua signs
- 00:22 Emma Hayes will not replace Mark Sampson as England women's boss...
- 00:20 Album round-up with Ian Sinclair
- 00:20 Ever true to his roots
- 00:20 Bleak yet beautiful fictions of near-future disintegration
- 00:20 Ron’s gone: Everton can Koeman as Toffees sit 18th
- 00:20 England ‘raring to go’ despite losing first ODI
- 00:20 Caixinha slams shameful Rangers performance
- 00:20 Trouble in the hermit kingdom: Life in Korea before the war