Why a lack of sleep makes us depressed . . and what we can do about it
0 Have your say Historically, insomnia has been thought of as secondary to other disorders such as depression. The idea was that you became depressed – and that your sleep got messed up as a consequence. This might involve difficulty falling asleep, excessive time awake at night or waking up earlier than hoped.
This may make sense to those who have experienced depression and found that thoughts of distressing events such as of a deceased loved one, or previous failures, keep them awake at night. The possibility that depression leads to insomnia is also consistent with research in which I... read more
- 13:51 Fire in Kenilworth play area last night caused by cigarettes
- 13:51 Air ambulance called to motorcycle crash on A153
- 13:50 Restorative justice project launched in Northumberland
- 13:50 Give children in need a special Easter treat
- 13:50 Closure of care centre overnight to continue
- 13:50 End is near for sewer upgrade works
- 13:50 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:50 Jail warning for Bassetlaw thug’s “disgusting” pub attack
- 13:49 US fourth-quarter growth rate revised up
- 13:49 Court to rule on online luxury resellers
- 13:49 How to find out if you've been unfriended on Facebook
- 13:49 Emergency services prepare for increase in arson attacks
- 13:49 Campaigners seek 'to sell US politicians' browsing data'
- 13:49 How Prince Harry, my mum and I put our Heads Together to talk about...
- 13:49 Berwick Workspace to host workshops for businesses
- 13:48 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:48 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:48 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 13:47 These are the best and worst broadband, TV and phone firms
- 13:47 YOUR SAY: On proposed new public order for Pavilion Gardens
- 13:46 Vile assault on partially blind 80-year-old in Chester lands...
- 13:46 Bookies slash odds of an Easter heatwave in Derby
- 13:46 Stalker plagued woman via Facebook and with over 300 phone calls
- 13:46 Police re-appeal over aggravated burglaries in Gainsborough
- 13:46 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:46 Malaysia releases body of Kim Jong Nam to North Korea
- 13:45 Get with the programme! Enterprising grant for Leeds-based agency
- 13:45 Music is key to Rachel’s studies fund
- 13:45 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool