WHO sending 1 million cholera vaccine doses to Haiti
The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday that it was sending 1 million doses of cholera vaccine to Haiti, where cases of the killer disease have climbed in the wake of Hurricane Matthew.
"The top priority for those people affected by the hurricane is to give them access to clean water. That is the only way we can control cholera," Dominique Legros, WHO cholera expert, told a news briefing before travelling to the Caribbean country.
Some 150 suspected cholera cases have been reported in Grande'Anse department and 50 in South department, he said. "It is more than... read more
- 03:41 Kevin Pietersen ‘really surprised’ by England batsmen James Vince,...
- 03:41 Eden Hazard insists Chelsea need to adapt quickly to compete with...
- 03:31 The best Amazon Black Friday laptop deals 2017 on Samsung, ASUS...
- 03:29 Burberry: How Christopher Bailey rescued the brand with the...
- 03:24 Trump-Russia investigation: Michael Flynn's lawyers 'split from Trump'
- 03:18 Jimi Manuwa EXCLUSIVE: David Haye called out by UFC star - let’s...
- 03:18 Bargain World set to close less than a year after opening
- 03:11 Manus Island: Buses of refugees leave former Australian camp
- 03:05 Conor McGregor receives big call out as Nurmagomedov slams champ
- 02:53 We want our garden back, says couple
- 02:53 F1 news: Daniel Ricciardo reveals 2018 plans and reveals what he...
- 02:53 Salvation Army counting on bank staff to make a difference
- 02:53 Journey’s end for railway station.
- 02:44 Champions League draw: Who can Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool Chelsea...
- 02:44 Bernard Tomic offered Australian Open wildcard chance… but he...
- 02:38 Ronnie O’Sullivan: I am glad I haven’t won £1million
- 02:38 Eight 'North Korean fishermen' wash ashore in Japan
- 02:36 VOTE: What’s your biggest motoring bugbear?
- 02:36 7 brilliant Nottinghamshire Instagram accounts that you need to follow
- 02:36 Concerns for Nottinghamshire’s home schooled children
- 02:36 £295 court bill for £15 of cannabis in Mansfield
- 02:36 Drunk Worksop wedding guest borrowed car and ended up on pal’s lawn
- 02:36 Notts child sexual abuse reports increase
- 02:36 Jail for banned driver who walked out of Mansfield court and drove off
- 02:36 Is it too soon to put the Christmas decorations up?
- 02:36 The best Black Friday deals 2017
- 02:36 Win family ticket for panto
- 02:27 Are mince pies too boozy for children?
- 02:27 Empty homes spike in London commuter belt
- 02:27 'Sadistic' couple jailed for campaign of child abuse