WHO agency under investigation for saying bacon and coffee cause cancer
A World Health Organization cancer agency is under scrutiny for allegedly causing too many public health scares.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) publishes research that shapes global lifestyle trends.
Their reports have branded coffee, mobile phones, processed meat and the weed killer glyphosate - among other things - as dangerous products that cause cancer.
However, US government officials have now called for an official review, questioning how much evidence there is to categorize these items as carcinogens.
An aide to the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and... read more
- 13:02 He's lucky it's not the Terminator! Drunk man who 'knocked over...
- 13:01 New pictures show inside the Toys R Us store opening in Highcross...
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Worksop South division?
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Worksop West division?
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Blyth and Harworth division?
- 13:01 Who is standing for election in Misterton division?
- 13:00 Neil Taylor ban: Wales star handed two-match suspension for Seamus...
- 13:00 Man United injury news: These players will miss Manchester derby
- 12:59 Hungarian opposition struggles to build on anti-Orban sentiment
- 12:59 'Compassionate' people wanted for 40 care jobs to help people get...
- 12:59 Syrian refugees must buy travel papers - from Assad
- 12:58 Making efforts to break down the stigma around mental health means...
- 12:58 Who is standing for election in Retford East division?
- 12:58 Brass band looking for new home
- 12:58 Another £29k for 'youth zone'
- 12:57 Here’s the ‘I like Corbyn… but’ website Theresa May mentioned in PMQs
- 12:57 Home Office tells EU nationals not to apply for permanent UK residency
- 12:57 New bus depot café serves up a journey back in time
- 12:56 Man Utd ask James Rodriguez to do something unusual for transfer:...
- 12:56 HGV driver fined over tachograph
- 12:54 McDonald's offers all staff an end to zero-hours contracts
- 12:54 Liverpool 14-0 Establishment: How the Hillsborough Inquests verdict...
- 12:54 Nuns invade Tad restaurant
- 12:53 VIDEO: Heart-stopping moment driver-less car rolls into on-coming...
- 12:53 Worker injured in South Yorkshire factory raid
- 12:52 Spurs' boss Mauricio Pochettino reacts to Dele Alli Man City...
- 12:52 Gary Neville: This player should be Man United's next captain
- 12:51 Blurton death update: Paramedics found man, 63, unconscious at house
- 12:51 Charity Wellingborough to Rushden barrow push raises £600
- 12:51 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Hughes backing, skipper...