Which Scottish city will be the most cycle-friendly by 2020?
With the latest figures showing cycling rates have fallen, there is a growing demand for Scotland’s cities to make themselves more bike-friendly.
The Scottish Government announced in 2010 its “vision” of 10 per cent of everyday journeys being made by bicycle by 2020.
But the current rate has remained below two per cent for a decade.
As the majority of major employers and universities are based in the four city council areas north of the border, much of the improvements required to help convince commuters to swap their cars for bikes falls on the shoulders of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and... read more
- 05:56 Factory worker was trapped between two machines, inquest told
- 05:53 Arsenal star Shkodran Mustafi breaks silence on transfer talk with...
- 05:49 Arsene Wenger RIGHT to quit Arsenal, says man who appointed Gunners...
- 05:49 Liverpool vs Roma: Why Mohamed Salah will NOT be the biggest threat...
- 05:49 Thierry Henry reveals Arsenal change under Arsene Wenger, opens up...
- 05:49 Chelsea prepare £65m summer move for Serie A star Kalidou Koulibaly
- 05:49 Pep Guardiola to make statement summer signing: Hazard, Mbappe and...
- 05:41 Sadiq Khan demands VW compensate Londoners and TfL
- 05:38 Foreign aid should be spent on preventing 1.3m road deaths...
- 05:35 Toronto van attack: Suspect quizzed after 10 pedestrians killed
- 05:31 Lakes MP calls for Northern to be stripped of franchise
- 05:28 Multi-million pound expansion plans for promotional bag firm Direct...
- 05:18 How you reacted to the Big Brexit Survey
- 05:16 'Uncontrollable grief' of Kim Jong-un over North Korea bus disaster
- 05:16 Hillary Clinton unleashed foul-mouthed tirade in Trump debate prep...
- 05:16 Syria: western nations may seek to bypass Russian veto at UN
- 05:16 Berlin museum offers glimpse of Leni Riefenstahl estate
- 05:12 Alfie's Army try to storm hospital after European Court rejects...
- 05:09 The surprising A-level language choices Coventry students are making
- 05:07 Australian boy flies solo to Bali 'after row over holiday'
- 05:07 Kim Jong-un's 'bitter sorrow' as bus crash kills Chinese tourists
- 05:05 Will Prince Harry and Meghan's children be princes and princesses?
- 05:05 Friends set up events to raise funds for terminal Leicester mum's...
- 05:01 Tory welfare reforms responsible for sending Scots to food banks
- 04:39 Jeremy Corbyn set for crunch meeting with Jewish leaders
- 04:17 UN peacekeepers accused of child rape in South Sudan
- 03:48 New dental centre is at cutting edge
- 03:33 Nintendo Labo review – build your own entertainment
- 03:21 Magic mushrooms 'reboot' brain in depressed people – study
- 03:04 Labor calls for Defence to sharpen focus on local industry and jobs