When to see Scunthorpe skies set alight by comet that appears every 75 years
THE only comet visible to the naked eye from planet Earth will soon be lighting the skies of Scunthorpe.
Halley's Comet is visible from Earth every 75 to 76 years and is the only known as the short-period comet that is regularly visible to the naked eye from planet Earth.
Dust from the comet will produce a meteor shower this week that could be visible across Scunthorpe, if the weather allows. The shower is called The Orionid meteor shower, which may be seen over large proportions of the sky.
Halley's Comet has not been visible from Earth since 1986 and will next appear in mid-2061. It is... read more
- 02:02 Robert Doyle: second sexual harassment investigation 'inconclusive'
- 01:39 Ten-year-old ice skater Jayden Orr 'died in seconds'
- 01:39 Sexual violence guide created for Scottish universities
- 01:35 Northampton couple ink each other for MTV's 'Just Tattoo of Us'...
- 01:32 The Yorkshire Dales farmer helping asylum seekers
- 01:25 Meek Mill, rapper whose imprisonment sparked outcry, released on bail
- 01:24 How can businesses tackle sexual harassment?
- 01:24 Blossoms on the essence of cool
- 01:24 Reality Check: Who controls your data?
- 01:24 Will Salisbury ever recover from the Skripal poisoning?
- 01:19 Trump sending treasury secretary to China as trade tensions mount
- 01:12 Party leaders urge Theresa May to act on childhood obesity
- 01:04 Roma manager Eusebio Di Francesco believes they can still beat...
- 01:04 Allan McGregor set for sensational return to Rangers when his Hull...
- 01:04 Vincenzo Montella keeps Sevilla job but sporting director Oscar...
- 01:04 Liverpool heroes leave Anfield following rollercoaster Roma clash...
- 00:55 WhatsApp to raise minimum age limit to 16 in EU
- 00:51 Bill Cosby's lawyers attack accusers and 'silly evidence' in...
- 00:51 Record levels of plastic discovered in Arctic sea ice
- 00:51 Mexico: dismembered corpse dumped after presidential candidate says...
- 00:51 Macron pitches new Iran deal to sweeten existing agreement for Trump
- 00:50 The Yorkshire Poat says: Survive and thrive. Creating a niche...
- 00:50 The Yorkshire Post says: A hollow promise. Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘kinder...
- 00:50 The Yorkshire Post says: Brexit failings of Civil Service. Business...
- 00:45 Report warns countryside could be ‘littered’ with fracking wells
- 00:45 Sarah Power: Data protection vital to post-Brexit UK. Whit it...
- 00:45 Bernard Ingham: Brexit and Theresa May’s big chance to put House of...
- 00:45 GP Taylor: Make the internet giants pay for death of our shops
- 00:44 Joanna Lumley: 'Terrified all men are seen as bad'
- 00:41 New prostate therapy recommended on NHS