Wheelchair-bound Darren delighted with half marathon success
Being in a wheelchair didn’t stop Darren Noone from completing his first half marathon in aid of Derian House Children’s Hospice.
The 51-year-old, who has cerebral palsy, battled against the wind and the rain to complete the Blackpool course in his wheelchair with the help of support worker Michelle Pedder.
Their efforts raised a tremendous £1,009 to help support children and families from across the North West who rely on the children’s hospice in Chorley for end-of-life and respite care.
Darren, of Blackburn, was inspired to take on the challenge after seeing his father, Tom, complete... read more
- 00:20 Fresh fears that business rates increase could hit investment
- 00:19 Energy bills: customer switching hits six-year high
- 00:19 New York’s example can help the North become economic powerhouse
- 00:17 Consumers switching of energy suppliers reaches six year high
- 00:16 Last weekend's TV reviewed: Diana styled it her way
- 00:14 Holograms, mistrust and 'fake news' in France's election
- 00:14 Oscars 2017 WINNERS LIST: Will La La Land sweep the board?
- 00:14 Based on a true story: We should expect too much from our...
- 00:13 GPs are failing people with eating disorders, says charity
- 00:11 Drivers face double points for phone use
- 00:11 YEP Says: Reliable service vital for Leeds’s future success
- 00:04 The disappearance of Jonathan Spollen
- 00:03 Howe vows Cherries will keep pressing
- 00:03 The war grief, pain and loss that will not be televised
- 00:03 Time to ask the arms industry to come clean
- 00:03 A memory that serves us well
- 00:03 Harry thrills with hat-trick
- 00:03 Six Nations: Messy England fend off Italy
- 00:03 What price Claudio?
- 00:03 The other Miliband obfuscates for Murdoch
- 00:03 The people hold Venezuela's future
- 00:03 Little good in DWP’s mass jobcentre cull
- 00:03 Cure for a cold? Scientists unearth 'hidden code' that could STOP...
- 00:03 Corbyn critics offer nothing
- 00:03 Hundreds protest at art gallery’s ‘alt-right’ links
- 00:03 Tories MPs call for Heseltine to go after rebellion threat
- 00:03 Woman in fear for life faces deportation
- 23:59 Leicester City caretaker manager Craig Shakespeare hopes they will...
- 23:59 Scotland boss Vern Cotter warns England their best is yet to come...
- 23:59 Millions without water in Chile capital, Santiago