What YOUR handshake may say about you: Strength of grip 'could reveal how likely you are to reach a good age'
It is often seen as a sign of confidence but a firm handshake could signal a long and healthy life.
A growing number of doctors and scientists believe the strength of a person’s grip could be one of the most useful ways to gauge how well they are ageing.
Studies show men and women blessed with a strong grip tend to outlive those whose handshakes brush rather than crush.
One British analysis found those with the weakest handshakes were 70 per cent more likely to die at any given time than those with the strongest handshakes.
The finding held even when factors such as age and gender were... read more
- 19:56 The story of the Aston Villa striker, the telling off and the lucky...
- 19:53 Bryan Cranston: ‘I’m a mutt. I relate to that. It’s what I am’
- 19:52 Dog food recalled after death of police dog
- 19:49 Liverpool begin talks over potential deal for Barcelona midfielder...
- 19:49 WATCH: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil sends Andres Iniesta into early...
- 19:48 Saints made to pay for their sins as they suffer defeat at St...
- 19:45 Chester Mystery Plays 2018: joining company is like a family reunion
- 19:45 WATCH Marcus Bignot delivers reaction to Chester FC loss at Sutton...
- 19:41 Modern car headlights are ‘blinding drivers’ even when dipped
- 19:41 Lys Assia, the winner of the first ever Eurovision Song Contest,...
- 19:40 Scottish Labour MEP: ‘Second EU referendum is only fair action’
- 19:39 Drones sent in to catch fly-tippers in the act
- 19:38 England U21 2-1 Romania U21: Jake Clarke-Salter enjoys dream debut...
- 19:35 Incredible bird lays two triple yolkers in one month
- 19:33 James Collins strikes for Luton Town and deepens Barnet woes
- 19:33 Paul Smyth winner puts late spring in Michael O’Neill’s second coming
- 19:30 Chilling images inside home where teenager made bomb planted on Tube
- 19:29 League One round-up: Stefan Payne strikes as Shrewsbury go back top...
- 19:29 League Two round-up: Marc McNulty hat-trick sees Coventry continue...
- 19:22 Two men in 20s shot outside Mile End tube station
- 19:22 Kit de Waal: ‘I read my first novel aged 22’
- 19:20 Liverpool bench can’t control laughter at John Aldridge tumble...
- 19:17 James Doyle jockeys’ title hopes in focus after Addeybb’s Lincoln win
- 19:17 PSG hold talks with Antonio Conte’s representatives over summer move
- 19:16 This is when the clocks change this weekend
- 19:12 Saracens 24-11 Harlequins: Liam Williams and Maro Itoje tries see...
- 19:12 Charlton boss Lee Bowyer challenges players to crash League One...
- 19:04 WEEKEND WEB: Order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time for Easter
- 19:03 When do the clocks go forward tonight, and why?
- 19:02 How Jose Mourinho’s rift with Paul Pogba started at Manchester United