What YOUR handshake may say about you: Strength of grip 'could reveal how likely you are to reach a good age'
It is often seen as a sign of confidence but a firm handshake could signal a long and healthy life.
A growing number of doctors and scientists believe the strength of a person’s grip could be one of the most useful ways to gauge how well they are ageing.
Studies show men and women blessed with a strong grip tend to outlive those whose handshakes brush rather than crush.
One British analysis found those with the weakest handshakes were 70 per cent more likely to die at any given time than those with the strongest handshakes.
The finding held even when factors such as age and gender were... read more
- 10:20 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:19 National award for ‘loyal’ Amelia
- 10:19 Guess who’s back! Leeds Festival date for rap star Eminem
- 10:19 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:18 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:18 Train lines reopen for Northampton's evening commuters after 'bins...
- 10:18 St Margaret's Way closed county-bound due to storm damage
- 10:18 A place only for the bold as Doris batters Blackpool
- 10:18 Five out of five for Poulton apartments
- 10:17 Nine in a row as RBS posts annual loss and flags job cuts
- 10:17 Wolves vs Birmingham City: Paul Lambert on Gianfranco Zola and the...
- 10:17 Walking Dead actor mocks claims of racism after Primark T-shirt is...
- 10:17 Celtic fined £16k UEFA for pyro at Manchester City clash
- 10:17 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce provides an update on the Chris Samba...
- 10:17 West Brom team news: The latest from Tony Pulis on his squad
- 10:17 Iraqi forces push into first districts of western Mosul
- 10:16 Vandals pour paint stripper on cars in Amber Valley
- 10:16 Bank staff donate £20,000 to hospice
- 10:16 Highest wind speeds revealed as Grimsby area escapes worst of Storm...
- 10:15 REVEALED: Derbyshire primary schools set to gain and lose funding
- 10:14 Did Justin Bieber just casually wet himself and style it out?
- 10:14 Bentley in rallying cry to Shrimps fans
- 10:14 Have you seen a magpie? You had better touch wood
- 10:13 Coventry City's League One trip to Sheffield United - rearranged
- 10:13 Former Man City boss Roberto Mancini 'sounded out' to replace...
- 10:13 New faces for Cumbria's flagship county show.
- 10:12 Police surround warehouse at scene of alleged burglary in Gateshead
- 10:12 A50 has reopened following accident in which a van driver died in...
- 10:12 Burton gardening company Garden 4 Less faces £15,000 hike in...
- 10:12 Do you have one of the ‘most boring jobs’ in the world?