What's it like to live in Reading? How this Berkshire town on the Thames is more than just a commuter haven
Reading has long been a firm favourite among commuters due to its 30-minute train journey into London.
But for many of those who have made this commuter haven their home, they know that it offers more than just cheaper house prices than the capital.
For there is a vibrant River Thames scene, an established shopping centre and excellent schools. It has also become a leading tech hub outside of London.
It has led to house price growth in Reading outpacing the national average by a massive 10 per cent.
Values rose 16 per cent during the past two years compared to 6 per cent during the same... read more
- 18:32 Paramedic attacked by teenager who had taken 'Never Never Land Pill'
- 18:32 Watch Cygnet being reared by hand at wildlife hospital
- 18:32 Solihull nursery worker used Facebook to blackmail 'petrified'...
- 18:31 BBC presenter Julie Wadsworth 'performed sex act on boy', court hears
- 18:30 Thousands of bees captured in Station Street swarm incident
- 18:30 Arsenal open talks with top striker: He's set for summer move,...
- 18:30 France's Macron acts on pledge to clean up politics
- 18:26 Cash stolen in west Cumbrian burglary
- 18:26 Quad bike stolen in West Cumbria
- 18:25 Anglesey home of famous airman put up for auction
- 18:24 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:24 Attempted burglary
- 18:24 U.N. envoy to Yemen says Houdeidah port should be kept safe
- 18:24 Owner tells of dog's fight for life after adder bite on Cumbria beach
- 18:22 Ex-BBC WM presenters Tony Wadsworth and Julie Mayer ‘giggled as...
- 18:22 Everything you need to know about Birmingham's first Olympic-length...
- 18:22 YouTuber’s music video gets 2,215,444 dislikes in just one month
- 18:22 Grieving mum shares images of stillborn baby
- 18:22 Pointless player threatens to QUIT after leaving Alexander...
- 18:20 Shadow cabinet members distance themselves from Corbyn as Labour...
- 18:18 Jailed: Sadistic attacker tortured man before trying to murder him...
- 18:18 KT Tunstall why I had to get away from music and what I really...
- 18:18 Find out which North Wales beach has won the region another Blue...
- 18:17 How much would you pay for a painting of Steven Gerrard as John the...
- 18:17 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:17 Car pelted with stones in west Cumbria
- 18:17 We need new magistrates - or Greater Manchester's justice system is...
- 18:17 Burglars target west Cumbrian home as occupants sleep
- 18:17 Air ambulance at scene in Station Street, Burton as pedestrian hurt...
- 18:15 West Brom transfer rumours: EVERY player linked with the Baggies...