What's it like to live in Reading? How this Berkshire town on the Thames is more than just a commuter haven
Reading has long been a firm favourite among commuters due to its 30-minute train journey into London.
But for many of those who have made this commuter haven their home, they know that it offers more than just cheaper house prices than the capital.
For there is a vibrant River Thames scene, an established shopping centre and excellent schools. It has also become a leading tech hub outside of London.
It has led to house price growth in Reading outpacing the national average by a massive 10 per cent.
Values rose 16 per cent during the past two years compared to 6 per cent during the same... read more
- 07:14 Man shares strange sign of a deadly infection triggered by a trip...
- 07:14 Yulia Skripal ‘briefly wakes up’ as medics fear she and ex-spy...
- 07:14 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:12 Bad lifestyles are to blame for 2,500 cancer cases a week as...
- 07:12 Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd stars dislike ‘sulky’ forward - players...
- 07:12 Chelsea star Alvaro Morata SLAMMED in debut season: I was wrong -...
- 07:11 Premier League fixtures 2017/2018 - these are the fixtures...
- 07:10 India renews Mohammad Shami cricket contract after violence charge
- 07:09 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:07 New Zealand captain Kane Williamson becomes Kiwis' all-time leading...
- 07:07 Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes send message to rivals as champion sets...
- 07:03 40, 000 fake cigarettes and drugs seized as part of Doncaster...
- 07:02 7 of the best gins to drink during spring and the Easter holidays
- 06:58 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 06:57 Prince Charles claims: lavish spending, obsessed with public...
- 06:57 Gangster’s paradise: how organised crime took over Russia
- 06:57 The end of the auteur?
- 06:57 Sea of dog mess is like ‘50 Shades of Brown’
- 06:57 Bird of prey flying at leisure centre to scare away pigeons
- 06:57 The two teenage Irish Traveller brothers who became sensations in...
- 06:57 Treasure Island was pure gold
- 06:56 Wife’s vow to raise £50k to fund husband’s brain tumour fight abroad
- 06:56 Bag a bargain when Joules sale returns to Corby this weekend
- 06:56 Defibrillator installed in Bidford
- 06:56 APPEAL: Theft from Assembly Rooms market
- 06:56 Roundabout wins in battle to make Kettering junction safer
- 06:56 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 06:56 Kettering steak house hopes to be a cut above the rest
- 06:56 Wellingborough MP Peter Bone: “I’ve no link with Cambridge Analytica”
- 06:56 40, 000 fake cigarettes and drugs seized as part of Doncaster...