What's it like to be the child of a survivor?
Menachem Rosensaft, the son of two Holocaust survivors, remembers hearing upbeat stories about Bergen-Belsen as a young child.
That might seem impossible.
But these were not tales from the Nazi concentration camp.
Instead they were stories of life at a very different Bergen-Belsen: the displaced persons camp of the same name, which was set up immediately after the Second World War at a former German army base a short distance from the concentration camp.
It became a safe home for thousands of Holocaust survivors, including Mr Rosensaft's parents, between 1945 and 1950. Mr Rosensaft was born... read more
- 16:31 Cyprus to be 'out and about' in bond markets in 2017 - finance...
- 16:31 Sparkling full-year numbers at Laing
- 16:30 Relationship troubles? Don't tell your mates: Confiding in female...
- 16:30 The car that means you'll never have to stop at a red light: Audi...
- 16:30 Christmas Toy Appeal gathers pace
- 16:30 Transport Secretary Grayling 'should quit' after leaked letter on...
- 16:30 'Pathetic and puerile' racist troll convicted of harassing MP...
- 16:29 Chelsea star: I can become the best player in the world at Stamford...
- 16:27 India doctor to operate on '500kg' Egyptian woman
- 16:27 South Sudan 'deports critical reporter'
- 16:27 Shuttleworth's Year 7 student ambassadors taking charge
- 16:27 New Zealander says passport photo rejection 'not racist'
- 16:27 Council worker used £48,000 public funds to buy gadgets – then sold...
- 16:27 Futureheads and Field Music musicians produce Christmas track with...
- 16:26 Jon Jones will return to the Octagon this summer - UFC president...
- 16:25 Tory MSP Alex Johnstone dies after short illness
- 16:25 Knight Vinke warns European investment banks too small to thrive
- 16:25 Poundland shifts away from one price fits all
- 16:23 Paris ‘love locks’ are going to be sold to raise money for refugees
- 16:21 Piers Morgan makes big claim about Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez
- 16:21 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp targeting Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac
- 16:21 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 16:21 Carlo Ancelotti keen to avoid Real Madrid reunion in Champions...
- 16:21 Manchester United news conference LIVE: Jose Mourinho speaks ahead...
- 16:21 Two people feared dead in Northumberland house fire
- 16:21 Wittering dad uses pedal power to say thanks to hospitals for...
- 16:21 Police appeal after Burnley schoolgirl touched inappropriately
- 16:19 People are making films vegan and it’s really great
- 16:19 Fitbit confirms Pebble takeover deal
- 16:19 Football tax review called for by HMRC chief