What Leicester must do to reclaim the title of UK curry capital
Leicester has once again been beaten to the title of Curry Capital of Britain.
The city finished second in the 2016 competition - up from fourth place last year.
But it was a seventh consecutive victory for Bradford. And Leicester hasn't claimed the top spot since 2007.
So we asked Syed Rahman, the owner of Chef and Spice and Cuisine of India restaurants, what needs to be done to knock the Yorkshire town off its perch in 2017.
The queen of Indian cooking herself, Madhur Jaffrey, has said Leicester is the best place in the UK for curry.
That is why we must now all get together as a city and... read more
- 09:39 Have Nottingham researchers found new treatment for diabetes patients?
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Neighbour from hell repeatedly played Stayin’ Alive and Sweet Dreams
- 09:37 'I will honour those lost by living each day full of joy' Ariana...
- 09:37 Council investment campaign puts PR firm on awards list
- 09:35 Extra trains from West Yorkshire to London for Huddersfield Town fans
- 09:35 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:35 Manchester terror attack: Further arrests made this morning
- 09:34 Rio Ferdinand believes Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick could stay...
- 09:33 Minute's silence at Chesterfield Town Hall to remember Manchester...
- 09:33 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:33 Petition launched to improve security at Sunderland children’s...
- 09:33 Burglar gets suspended prison sentence after breaking into ex’s home
- 09:33 Bradley Lowery's family reveal youngster's cancer is spreading 'at...
- 09:32 Hong Kong stocks at fresh 22-month high despite Moody's downgrade
- 09:32 Young Walter Scott prize for budding novelists
- 09:32 Eyemouth’s popular Kirk Square Kitchen returns
- 09:32 Traquair House hosts magical medieval fayre
- 09:31 Leeds school staff express ‘deep sadness’ after ex-colleague dies...
- 09:31 Approval expected for homes at former Sheffield hotel
- 09:30 Communities 'need to work together' after Manchester bomb attack
- 09:30 Messages of support sent to victims
- 09:30 Barcelona readying move for Man United star: Incoming boss has...
- 09:30 Real Madrid star agrees mega £6.5m-per-season after tax deal to...
- 09:29 Agri-tech investment in Scotland poised to pay off