What it's really like in park where druggies had needles hanging out their legs
Parents in west Hull say they refuse to take their children into their local park because of drug users.
A volunteer at the Maurice Rawling Community Centre near to Bean Street Park also said volunteers clear the park of needles at least twice a week.
Residents spoke of their disgust after a mum from Coltman Street described how her husband and daughter, aged nine, found two drug users so high they looked dead at the park.
Jay Stembridge said they found the pair who had passed out with needles sticking out of their legs.
Her husband rang for an ambulance and police before the drug users... read more
- 06:23 £3m rent arrears fears in South Tyneside
- 06:23 Councillors set for a battle against boundary changes
- 06:23 South Shields MP calls for rethink on Universal Credit roll-out
- 06:22 Guest column: The poor will suffer most if we don’t get a Brexit deal
- 06:21 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:21 Aston Villa news digest: Academy graduate back to prove a point;...
- 06:21 West Brom digest; Goalkeeper worries; Arsenal and Man United games...
- 06:21 Birmingham City news digest: Cotterill's emotional bond; injury...
- 06:21 The cost of dropping rubbish in Blackpool reaches £48k
- 06:21 Leeds police chase crash driver jailed
- 06:20 Barcelona news: Kylian Mbappe deal was DONE… but they chose Ousmane...
- 06:19 Devastated family want to prevent other young deaths
- 06:19 Rattling good fun heading to Hartlepool at prestige model rail show
- 06:19 Residents welcome new patio garden at Hartlepool retirement village
- 06:19 Tees Valley caution over recruiting more workers
- 06:19 Craig Harrison offers Hartlepool United injury update on Liam...
- 06:19 Hartlepool MP tells Parliament benefit reform is leaving people...
- 06:19 ‘Bin raiding’ incidents raise concern about identity theft risk in...
- 06:19 Thug jailed for assaulting girlfriend and her neighbour
- 06:19 Fans and club honour player
- 06:18 Extra cash donated to fund more CCTV
- 06:18 Upskilling the young for sustainable future
- 06:18 Olivier Giroud admits he got lucky with his wonder goal in...
- 06:18 Well-respected saddler Les continued fine family name
- 06:17 Banbury kitchen and bathroom firm launches new showroom
- 06:16 Pupil’s pink fundraiser tops £1,000 for Wellingborough breast...
- 06:16 Robberies rise by a shocking 43 per cent in Northamptonshire -...
- 06:16 EXCLUSIVE: Auditors given green light to resume second Sixfields...
- 06:16 Northampton A&E swamped by over 400 patients in 'busiest day ever'
- 06:16 ‘Impossible’ to fix roads due to cuts, say transport experts