What is the source of strange and foul smell in Derbyshire town?
Mystery has been surrounding the source of a foul smell in a Derbyshire town - but it does look like one company may have some answers.
Dozens of people reported a sewage-like smell which has been lingering for many weeks in estates and streets at the top of Derby Hill, Ashbourne. Reports suggested the smell could be detected from areas such as Cavendish Drive and as far away as Wyaston Road, with all the Derby Road estates in between.
Now, the company in charge of Ashbourne's sewers says it has identified the source of the foul odour - but bosses are refusing to disclose where it is coming... read more
- 13:11 Regional operation catches 15 motorists on mobile phones
- 13:11 Spotted: Injured Man United trio snapped arriving at Carrington...
- 13:11 How Britain's wheelchair tennis players are 'breaking glass ceilings'
- 13:10 Police chiefs hoping for 'family atmosphere' at local derby
- 13:10 Is this absolute sitter the worst miss EVER in world football - or...
- 13:09 Coventry City vs Oxford United: How to get to Wembley, pubs to...
- 13:09 Severn Stars 44 – 65 Wasps Netball
- 13:07 Police chiefs hoping for 'family atmosphere' at local derby
- 13:07 Boston United extends lease at York Street stadium
- 13:06 Could Jaguar Land Rover buy Vauxhall?
- 13:06 Coventry City at Wembley: song writers tip Sky Blues to win 3-1 as...
- 13:06 Westminster terror attack vigil to be held at Coventry Cathedral
- 13:06 6 Music Festival reviews: Goldfrapp/Sparks, Cate Le Bon and the...
- 13:05 £70 million Pride Park scheme that could create 3,300 jobs to be...
- 13:05 Weeping Window poppies in Derby: how city's police paid a heavy war...
- 13:05 Chinese tech giant Tencent takes 5 percent stake in Tesla
- 13:04 Stamford’s Mid-Lent Fair gets underway
- 13:04 Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather fight agreement is done, says...
- 13:03 Lab worker Paul saves nurse’s life at Leeds hospital
- 13:02 One week on - Birmingham will remember the Westminster attack
- 13:02 Listed: treatments the NHS wants to stop giving on prescription
- 13:02 Police issue appeal after attempted robbery at a Tamworth petrol...
- 13:02 Grantham KGGS class of ’68 to reunite in the town
- 13:02 More than 400 jobs to be created in total as part of British Steel...
- 13:01 26 fake babies created by conman in shocking £34,000 benefits scam
- 13:00 Exposed files on Microsoft's document-sharing site
- 12:59 Neymar again calls for Barcelona to sign Liverpool star Philippe...
- 12:59 ‘Overworked’ Dumfries High teacher falsified pupils’ results
- 12:59 Coca-Cola probe launched after human waste found in drinks cans
- 12:58 Is this the best job on the planet? Blogger will be paid £24k to...