What is Spice and why is the drug so dangerous?
0 Have your say Synthetic cannabis, of which Spice is an example, is linked to serious health issues ranging from difficulties breathing to psychotic episodes.
But, despite well-known issues, these drugs are still in demand and homeless people, particularly, are at risk of mental health issues from their use. So what exactly are these drugs made of and why do they cause such violent reactions.
Spice is not a single drug, but a range of laboratory-made chemicals that mimic the effects of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive component of cannabis. Research suggests that Spice and... read more
- 16:48 Anger after junior football pitches vandalised – again
- 16:47 Which Chelsea player nabbed Lionel Messi’s shirt after...
- 16:47 Staffordshire Police issue warning over flight ticket fraud
- 16:47 KFC in Burton REOPENS as chicken shortage eases
- 16:47 Ashbourne main road closed due to police incident
- 16:47 Unforgotten season 3 release date, cast, trailer, plot: When is the...
- 16:47 Heavy drinking is linked to high risk of getting dementia before...
- 16:47 The incredible Spotify scam that created a millionaire: Bulgarian...
- 16:47 Strong winds force SpaceX to delay the launch of the first of...
- 16:46 Class A drugs worth half-a-million pounds and more than £250k...
- 16:46 Ebooks are not 'stupid' – they're a revolution
- 16:46 When real-life protest imitates art – from Three Billboards to...
- 16:46 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:45 Barrow man to stand trial for alleged threatening behaviour
- 16:45 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:44 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:44 PICTURES: Buxton Opera House’s milestone West Side Story production
- 16:44 Ashbourne main road closed due to police incident
- 16:44 Corrosive chemicals stolen from lorry
- 16:44 St Joseph’s primary stars win Elizabethan Academy debating competition
- 16:44 Fun day and a dip to raise £3k for Barney
- 16:44 The news that's eggs-actly what you want to hear – KFC in Chester...
- 16:44 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:43 Man’s rare ‘holographic’ python is a shimmering beauty (unless you...
- 16:42 Peak Park woodlands’ care is target of £50,000 appeal
- 16:42 Nurse from Sleaford area convicted of stealing morphine from...
- 16:42 Sutton gin thieves arrived in search of work
- 16:41 Brentford fans react to that 5-0 victory - and there's not much...
- 16:41 Man accused of driving in Egerton Court while three times the legal...
- 16:41 New green energy deal to help ease fuel poverty