What is safe standing? Modern football terraces explained as Premier League agree to talks
When was terracing in Premier League football grounds banned? The Taylor Report was a government inquiry into the events of April 15, 1989 when 96 Liverpool fans died in the Hillsborough Disaster, crushed in unsafe terracing areas.
The government subsequently banned standing accommodation for fans at the top two divisions in England - all grounds had to comply by August 1994.
What is safe standing? There are a number of solutions available to stadiums looking to reintroduce standing safely.
The most commonly used one is rail seating, which features a a safety barrier and and a seat that... read more
- 16:22 Why the hunt is on for the messiest bedroom in Coventry
- 16:22 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:20 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:19 Cable theft in Bardney
- 16:19 WIN! Family ticket to Gulliver’s Easter Extravaganza
- 16:19 Cost of finding temporary accommodation for homeless people going down
- 16:19 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:19 Family of murdered Pc Keith Palmer pay tribute to ‘wonderful dad...
- 16:18 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:18 Man accused of arson after flat fire in Huddersfield
- 16:18 Overnight services at three North East urgent care centres to...
- 16:17 Beamish Museum searching for visionary to create 1950s world and...
- 16:17 Star Wars news: Han Solo spin-off character detail LEAKED by Woody...
- 16:17 Destiny 2 release date LEAK reveals PC launch and Bungie beta news...
- 16:17 Support is there for those who need it this Mother's Day
- 16:17 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Chapel St Leonards pupils support Red Nose Day
- 16:16 Philippines' Duterte derides U.S. for past inaction in South China Sea
- 16:16 The poor get poorer in Germany, too, draft government report shows
- 16:16 Sturgeon has ‘confidence’ in Cunningham amid terror row
- 16:15 Pamela Anderson 'STORMED OFF' Celebrity Juice set after Keith Lemon...
- 16:15 Comment: Is this Government intervention in all but name
- 16:15 Eden contestants leave wilderness after a year to find show hasn't...
- 16:15 Viviane Sassen's Kenyan Souvenirs
- 16:15 Martin Margiela: Looking back on the Hermes years
- 16:15 Khalid Masood named as Islamic terrorist behind Westminster attack
- 16:15 ‘Most wanted’ Morecambe arsonist jailed for seven years
- 16:14 Fruit-shaped sensor 'can improve freshness'
- 16:14 Asbestos campaigner makes plea for Barrow service
- 16:14 Arsenal star reveals real reason Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez...
- 16:13 Travel card fares going up on trams and buses