What is a black moon, what can I see and will the world end?
This week a rare black moon is set to rise - sparking doom-laden warnings.
The very term 'Black moon rising' sounds pretty ominous and has sparked the doom-mongers to suggest the end is nigh. The event is due to take place on Friday, September 30, and some people have been predicting the end of civilisation as we know it.
However, this doesn't seem particularly likely – black moons aren't an everyday thing but they aren't a harbinger of doom either.
Here is what you need to know about the black moon: What is a black moon? Most people will be familiar with the full moon and the new moon... read more
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name
- 13:32 Man fined for filming dog giving Nazi salutes launches fundraiser...
- 13:32 Viagogo to be taken to court after failing to follow rules to...
- 13:32 Cheeki Rafiki yacht operator cleared over sailor deaths
- 13:32 The Leeds garden which is good for mind, body and soil
- 13:31 IN PICTURES: Another memorable day for Bridlington Lifeboat
- 13:31 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:31 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:30 Harvey strikes gold at swimming finals
- 13:28 Ant McPartlin ‘won’t be back till next year’ - Stephen Mulhern
- 13:28 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:28 Google's Gmail gets self-destruct option ahead of GDPR
- 13:26 These celebrities with tiny heads will get you through the day
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger reveals Sir Alex Ferguson has been in contact about...
- 13:26 RUMOUR MILL: Luis Enrique interests Arsenal, Ancelotti may be...
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger picks out his favourite European match from his...
- 13:26 Banbury’s McDonalds goes into the digital age
- 13:25 Meet the volunteers giving homeless people back their dignity with...
- 13:25 Firefighters tackle blaze at Long Whatton sawmill
- 13:24 Madrid regional president resigns over alleged face cream theft
- 13:24 Prestwich stowaways: "They could be anywhere" police say
- 13:24 13 semis park under freeway bridge to try and stop man...